my newest xbox slim laptop 18.4" screen under 2"

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

darkuncle33
360 GamerTag:darkuncle33
my newest xbox slim laptop 18.4" screen under 2"

Post by darkuncle33 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:50 am

I everyone!!
I finished my new build last week and was wandering if you could take a look at the video and let me know what you think of it.
It uses an 18.4" Samsung laptop screen It is once again lest then 2" thick over all. It uses a negative air pressure system to allow it to work without a fan on the heat sink. It has a lot of upgrades compared to the 17” unit I finished last month. It took me 3 weeks to do.
Please have a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnNARs9mHyI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks.

lexxion83

Re: my newest xbox slim laptop 18.4" screen under 2"

Post by lexxion83 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:05 am

The Xbox 360 laptop looks great. The case and inside part placing is very clean and professional. I can see advantage of 2" thick laptop but it would be nice to run it when hooked up to big screen tv without the lid open (I think you would have to have a lid open at least a little bit for the sufficient air to come in through the top). Overall I like the clean and slim look. A vertical stand for this would be great too. Great Job :)

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:06 am

That looks fantastic. Build quality is top notch. Well done.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

darkuncle33
360 GamerTag:darkuncle33

Post by darkuncle33 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:57 pm

lexxion83 wrote:The Xbox 360 laptop looks great. The case and inside part placing is very clean and professional. I can see advantage of 2" thick laptop but it would be nice to run it when hooked up to big screen tv without the lid open (I think you would have to have a lid open at least a little bit for the sufficient air to come in through the top). Overall I like the clean and slim look. A vertical stand for this would be great too. Great Job :)
It runs fine with the lid closed. No cooling problems at all if you look close I have thick bumpers on the lid so it has a 1/8th" gap that with 3 fans moves allot of air through the heat sink. With the lid open the heat sink never gets over 85F with it closed it gets to around 100F and that is with a temp. probe not a IR thermometer. I had to dial the fans back a little it was pulling so much air through the heat sink it sounded like a vacuum cleaner.

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Beautiful man, absolutely beautiful.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

lexxion83

Post by lexxion83 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:21 am

darkuncle33 wrote:
lexxion83 wrote:The Xbox 360 laptop looks great. The case and inside part placing is very clean and professional. I can see advantage of 2" thick laptop but it would be nice to run it when hooked up to big screen tv without the lid open (I think you would have to have a lid open at least a little bit for the sufficient air to come in through the top). Overall I like the clean and slim look. A vertical stand for this would be great too. Great Job :)
It runs fine with the lid closed. No cooling problems at all if you look close I have thick bumpers on the lid so it has a 1/8th" gap that with 3 fans moves allot of air through the heat sink. With the lid open the heat sink never gets over 85F with it closed it gets to around 100F and that is with a temp. probe not a IR thermometer. I had to dial the fans back a little it was pulling so much air through the heat sink it sounded like a vacuum cleaner.
I see you really thought this through :). On the side note, I enjoy your little tutorial videos on how to wire/modify things. You should post more of those if you get a chance. Again, great job on the laptop.

cross

Post by cross » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:55 am

Beautiful, pure sex man