Transforming a "Duke" into a 360 controller

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

WilkNug69
360 GamerTag:Wilknug69
Transforming a "Duke" into a 360 controller

Post by WilkNug69 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:15 am

I saw the Duke controllers that were specially made for halo fest and the Halo anniversary edition. i know they said they only made 8 and they are giving away or auctioning them off, but i was wondering if there was any other way to get a hold of one, being that someone could make me one and ill provide you with both controllers and money or if anyone sells them already? because Idk about you guys but they were my all time favorite controller and i miss them greatly,

Thanks,
Wilke

RDC

Re: Transforming a "Duke" into a 360 controller

Post by RDC » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:35 am

I've made that controller before, though not quite the same way as I wanted to keep the feel of the controller identical, so no Tact switches were used for any of the stock buttons, as well as still being able to use the stock battery packs, which then included being able to use the PnC cable for the rechargeable ones.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=632836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I pretty much lost interest in it after it was 100% working, so it never really looked any better than what you see there, which isn't what it's all about in my book, form follows function, except in that sentence, then it was sold as-is. It's a fair amount of work no matter how one goes about it, but if you're not dead set on a Wireless one then making up a Wired version is by far much easier and would take a lot less time to do.

What it would cost exactly will depend on how you're wanting everything all done up, so kind of hard to put a price tag on it without knowing the specifics. If you're interested in having one made up you can PM me about it.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.
Re-mappable Wireless 360 Controller - The CGnome