ROL and Power Cycling

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

gen2fish
ROL and Power Cycling

Post by gen2fish » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:50 am

Greetings! I'm having a ROL problem that I hope you all can help me with. I have removed the ROL port from the motherboard and got everything working correctly. When I went downstairs to grab a controller, it went into a power cycle and the LEDs won't work on the ROL board. Now when I plug it in, it will turn on automatically and shutoff within a 30 second cycle. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. It worked, I went downstairs for 30 seconds, power cycle upon return. Thanks for your time and replies!

Gen2Fish

gen2fish

Re: ROL and Power Cycling

Post by gen2fish » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:44 pm

I have also ensured that no connections are shorting out.

gen2fish

Post by gen2fish » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Ok, so I have resoldered all connections and it worked!...for about ten minutes. I turned it on and off about five times to ensure the connection was good, and then hot glued the leads in place, then turned the unit on and off four more times, working wonderfully! When I plugged in the fans, however, i received a 0001 error and now the unit won't power on at all. After a quick Google search, I read the 0001 is a power issue I don't have another power brick to try out and I'm doubtful that I've damaged any MOSFETs. I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Post by humakabula1 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 pm

remove everything you have added
then retest the console
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

gen2fish

Post by gen2fish » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:46 am

Thanks for your reply Humakabula! I haven't added anything to the console, just relocated it. Odd thing happened when I tried it this morning. When I plugged the unit it, I got one blinking green light on the ROL with stayed as the unit powered on. I then turned it off and turned it on with the eject button and then the ROL worked as it did it's little beginning circle, and as soon as the dashboard appeared, all leds went out. very odd indeed.

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:54 am

if you havnt added, check all your wiring for shorts and bridges in your soldering.
also make sure you have grounded the ports

gen2fish

Post by gen2fish » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:24 am

I have checked all connections, I have accidentally bridged two connections however. According to my google seach pin 4 and 8 are both ground pins and shouldn't matter if bridged. I have seen the LEDs work with this bridge and without removing anything so I'm thinking it's some sort of weird voltage issue.

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:01 am

if you have one, test it with another RoL unit

gen2fish

Post by gen2fish » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:29 am

Same thing with another RoL. I can get it to power up if I let the unit sit for a long time, but today, I got one red ring but the unit powered up just fine. I couldn't get an error code as it was stuck that way even if I turned the machine off. I appreciate all the help humakabula1!