How much would you pay for a Wii Laptop

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

WTB360LABTOP
How much would you pay for a Wii Laptop

Post by WTB360LABTOP » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:24 pm

How much would you pay for a Wii laptop if I built one? I was thinking about building one with my barely used Wii.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Re: How much would you pay for a Wii Laptop

Post by vskid » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Chances are, no one on this site would buy one from you. We're all too poor, don't care about the Wii, and/or could do it ourselves.

And you have almost no information about how much other people will pay, either, as I think Ben is the only person who has built and sold one. If you build one and do a good job, you could probably expect to get at least what you spend on parts. But thats if you do a good job, and if there is someone that wants to buy it. The gameplay of the Wii doesn't lend itself very well to smaller screens.

WTB360LABTOP

Post by WTB360LABTOP » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:18 pm

That's what I was thinking, its not like a xbox portable where it could sit on your lap as you held the controller in your hands. You would have to set it on a table and stand back to play. I was thinking about selling it for $800, any thoughts?

markus
PSN Username:ikramtuht

Post by markus » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:35 pm

As he said, if it doesn't look nice/perform well, don't expect to get a lot for it. If it blows our minds, it'd go for heck of a lot more money.
Markus