Xbox 360 handheld questions

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

ReddotsS2K
PSN Username:YouLoveIt89
360 GamerTag:BL3ACH DANUS
Xbox 360 handheld questions

Post by ReddotsS2K » Fri May 06, 2011 8:04 am

Hello all, I have been surfing this forum for a while now and decided to sign up a little while back. I think I am finally building up the courage to build something, and a xbox 360 handheld has caught my eye.

I am wanting to build something similar to what hackmodford started a while back http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... 79&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why am I wanting to build this? Well, with my limited experience I think it would be best to start with something like this so I don't end up frying a game system or anything. Controllers and LCDs are a common and fairly cheap, so if i fry those I won't be too heartbroken.

I know tecknott has mastered it with the ps3 but I can't find too much info on it. I want to know what transmitter he is using, It appears as if he is getting a widescreen resolution. Does anyone have any info they can throw my way to help kick off this project?

I think I will be using a 7" wide screen like hackmodford started with. Also a regular wireless xbox controller since i have more than i need.

Thanks in advance!

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Re: Xbox 360 handheld questions

Post by humakabula1 » Fri May 06, 2011 5:15 pm

First thing I would do would be to throw a PM tecknott's way, he will probably give the info on the transmitter.

Case,
What look are you going for?
Cnc style? If not, you can look around for some childrens toys, then frakencase the case.
Then there is vacuum forming, a little extra work but it can lead to a unique design.
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

ReddotsS2K

Post by ReddotsS2K » Fri May 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of constructing my own case when I came across another idea this afternoon. I would like to take a screen and put the av transmitter and battery inside of it (this would most likely require making a custom back to the screen). Then i want to fabricate a mount that grips to the xbox controller like a phone holster and supports the screen. This would allow the screen to be put on any controller without any modifications. This means that the controller would stay completely normal, still using it's battery pack and everything. You can't beat the feel of a real controller either.

I was trying to show my buddy my idea so it would make sense to him so I rigged my GPS with a coat hanger onto my controller real quick. Hopefully this gives a better idea of what I'm talking about.

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Post by humakabula1 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:31 pm

nice idea.
do you mean like how the chatpad connects? with the plug.
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

ReddotsS2K

Post by ReddotsS2K » Mon May 09, 2011 9:43 am

No, the screen and transmitter will operate on their own rechargeable battery and together they will make up one unit that simply clips to the controller. Hopefully I can start building this thing in the next couple weeks once my parts come in and I have some time on my hands.