My xbox laptop has 3 red rings!!!!!!!!!

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer
Re: My xbox laptop has 3 red rings!!!!!!!!!

Post by humakabula1 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:04 am

nope, australia :D
the place where we dont waste $800billion dollars on one guy

with my laptop i just extended all the ports, so you can take it apart and everything
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

ssmith43654
360 GamerTag:ssmith43654

Post by ssmith43654 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:20 am

oh right. Im not wasting money (you should see what other people do with their money here compared to me, I just fixed an ibook g4 someone had chucked out and got £100 for it) and I am learning so much doing all this, and the best way to learn is by doing something wrong (or at least for me it is).

I would love to see a picture of you xbox laptop, and how its made, I am very curios about other xbox laptops as there are so few in the world.
Never Give up; until you succeed...

Please take a look at my blog page, where I have built an xbox 360 Laptop - http://seb3.yolasite.com/sebs-blog.php

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:01 am

well...its not exactly done yet :P
i would guess about 90%, i stopped working on it to help members build their own.
by my count i have helped 3 people build laptops :)

i have a g4 ibook that needs a screen replacement, the cable is breaking. but meh

here are a couple of pics of my work
Spoiler:

ssmith43654

Post by ssmith43654 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Yours looks really good, I hope you will finish it! Do you have a website or any more pics? Also, I much appreciate your instant, reliable and informative help whenever I post a new topic, I wouldn't have been able to get this far without your help!

Anyway, after a dull day consisting of 4 maths exams :roll: :? (which I have probably failed) , I got home and replaced 2 more mosfets. I replaced the 2 just below the cpu heatsink, and they are connected to the ones I mentioned before. When I did that, I turned it on and it looked very promising, until it gave my 3rrod with an error code 0110 (ram bricks faulty). I could not understand why it would give me this error code, but I have come down to the 3 possible reasons:

1. The xbox was have low framerate issues in games and it had been getting worse and worse until I decided to replace that mosfet, now the ram has finally broken.

2. I have broken the ram chips by putting 5v in to one of the mosfets.

3. The ram chips arent broken at all, I just need to keep replacing more mosfets.

I would post some pics, but I cannot find my sd card for the camera!

What do you think is wrong? :?: :?:
Also, I am off school tomorrow, and the new xbox 360 jasper is coming, so I can install that to keep me busy!

Thanks again for all the help, and, who are the other people building the other xbox laptop's?

Seb Smith :D :mrgreen:

Please take a look at my blog page, where I have built an xbox 360 Laptop - http://seb3.yolasite.com/sebs-blog.php

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:21 pm

I would say reflow the RAM, just to rule it out. if not, just wait for the new console.
the other people I have helped include weaver and someone over on xe.

ssmith43654

Post by ssmith43654 » Sat May 07, 2011 2:06 am

hi, i just finished installing the xbox but i have a really anoyin problem.

I first tested it without the audio amp plugged in, it worked fine. I then plugged the audio amp into the 5v unswitched line. Now it gives me e64 like the other one and wont start up, but when I unplug the dvd drive it starts up fine, and when I plug the dvd drive from the other broken jasper in then it works, but doesnt play games of course.

What the heck is wrong with it? Do you think my power supply isnt giving it enough power or anything. I am sure the cables are fine, i test them with the other drive.

this is sooo anoying!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Sat May 07, 2011 2:42 am

your using the dvd 5v line?
then its drawing too much. you need a new source.
try here:
RED= 5v, YELLOW=12v and BLUE=Ground

chezwik originally posted the pic

ssmith43654

Post by ssmith43654 » Sat May 07, 2011 3:01 am

i have just found out what was actually happening, it had nothing to do with the 5v line (i am drawing it from where it is in pic). Becuase the dvd drive is so tight up at the back, it was bending all the wires, so they didnt have a good contact, i took it the dvd drive out and ,BAM, worked a treat. Now i know why the other board didnt work either, it was just becuase of this small fault. I feel really stupid now...

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Sat May 07, 2011 4:14 am

tested your old board with it?
might be worth a try. you could end up with a backup mobo

ssmith43654

Post by ssmith43654 » Sat May 07, 2011 4:45 am

testing the old board with what? I now realize that was the problem I had before, not a mosfet. Also, the old board wont do anything even without a dvd drive connected.

ssmith43654

Post by ssmith43654 » Sat May 07, 2011 4:53 am

Hi

i connected everything up and it all seems to work ok.

the only slight problem, is that the speakers buzz quietly, and sounds are all distorted and strange, I dont know why this is happening. Would you know?

Also sometimes it says the game could not start, please download it again when I play a game installed on the hard drive, any ideas how to fix this?

I think they are related to interference or something like that.

Really glad to have the xbox back, now I can actually play call of duty black ops which I just bought!

Its really anoying that is swapped the mosfet on the other console, I just wasted a perfectly good mobo because my wire was broken and I am stupid.

Anyway I have done some good improvements along the way and I will be making a utube video: "xbox laptop revision 2" explaining the improvements.

Thanks for the help!

Seb Smith

ssmith43654

Post by ssmith43654 » Wed May 11, 2011 3:19 pm

hi, replaced 2 more mosfets the other day, and it turned to 0001 and the power supply gave me a red light. Seeing as it has changed from ram to power, i definitely think replacing more mosfets will help. Do you think should continue to replacing mosfets? :D :) :(

Seb Smith

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:20 pm

i would switch the mobo's and then once you have the laptop up and running again, start on the broken mobo.
a 0001 means damaged/missing parts.

ssmith43654

Post by ssmith43654 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:59 am

hi, the laptop fully works now, and I have been playing on it. I only replaced 2 mosfets the other day, from the exact same location from another identical fualty board. Do you think the mosfets I replaced were infact faulty? Or should i try to replace some more?

Seb Smith

humakabula1

Post by humakabula1 » Thu May 12, 2011 3:55 am

the MOSFETS shouldn't be faulty, unless the mobo was fried/parts on the board were fried.

EDIT: if you have a multimeter test all the MOSFETS on the faulty mobo, that can help narrow it down.
also have a read of this:
http://forums.xbox-experts.com/viewtopi ... +0002+0003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;