Xbox 360 laptop with everyting kept stock??

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

darkuncle33
360 GamerTag:darkuncle33
Xbox 360 laptop with everyting kept stock??

Post by darkuncle33 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:44 am

Hi!! I am almost finished with my xbox 360 slim portable project and wanted to know if anyone else has managed to build one and keep the motherboard, hdd, dvd, and power brick 100% stock? I didn’t change anything on them all my changes were done to the rf board and the wifi card so that they just plug into the stock hardware. There is nothing soldered to or desoldered from the motherboard. I also use only the stock power brick all power comes from the motherboard.I am using the kinect 12v to power the monitor. The monitor I am using is out of a laptop so it only uses .83 amps at 12v. there are also no visible screw heads, I have hidden them all with the exception of the two holding on the hdd access cover. It has hidden hinges just like a real laptop and now exposed cable IE the big black cable most have running from the base to the monitor. It is pretty thin too. I am painting it now and will be doing a video next week.
Last edited by darkuncle33 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Re: Xbox 360 laptop with everyting keept stock??

Post by humakabula1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:53 am

what is this post?
are you saying you have the thinest 360 laptop ever made?
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

darkuncle33
360 GamerTag:darkuncle33

Re: Xbox 360 laptop with everyting keept stock??

Post by darkuncle33 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:17 am

humakabula1 wrote:what is this post?
are you saying you have the thinest 360 laptop ever made?
Absolutely not. I call it my Xbox 360 slim project becouse I started by buying an xbox 360 slim at gamestop. I wanted to know if anyone has been able to keep the Motherboard, hdd, dvd and power brick 100% stock. I only mentioned its size because I posted a question yesterday on that subject. So it was on my mind.. The other information I gave in my post is there for a very brief explanation of how I kept It stock.

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Re: Xbox 360 laptop with everyting kept stock??

Post by humakabula1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:18 pm

damn, it would have been epic to have someone go for the thinest ever made.
but because of the way the 360slim has been laid out (mobo that is) most of the ports could be kept stock, for example with my 360 lappy i left both the mem card slots and the major ports (psu, vid etc.) stock.

if you weren't going for thickness it would be quite easy
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete