PS3 Slim PSU Pin out

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

Scotty81
PS3 Slim PSU Pin out

Post by Scotty81 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi All

My Brothers PS3 Slim has died, with no signs of life, no power LED no nothing. Have pulled it apart to see if its the PSU or something more terminal.

I've seen a couple of videos on Youtube of people powering the PS3 fat with a ATX power supply, so that seams a good idea to test the unit, but haven't been able to find any info online on the small 4 pin connector coming out the right hand side of the PS3 Slim PSU.

from left to right pin 2 is Ground, but any idea on the other 3? Pin 1 is fluctuating constantly between 5-8 volts on this unit, I'm assuming this isn't right but as I dont have another one to test with, i'm a bit stuck.

Also am I also correct in saying the 2 big pins that slot into the underside of the PSU are ground and 12v as per the ps3 fat?

Thanks

JayB

Re: PS3 Slim PSU Pin out

Post by JayB » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:06 pm

I also need to know this.... I have 120gb motherboard that I am trying to hook up to an ATX power supply.... also any information anyone has regarding running the motherboards without any additional cards (on off switches, bluray, wifi, etc.) on both fat and slim models would be greatly appreciated... I'm trying to configure a ghetto beowulf cluster out of three (so far) broken ps3s motherboards.... I'd like to use all ATX power supplies and have no need for any of the other boards unless they are required to run the system...

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance...

Regards - J

minnieman

Post by minnieman » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:28 pm

use a multimeter to check the voltage, or use the picture in this thread:
http://www.ps3-hacks.com/forums/about7909.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
every one of my trade offers comes with respect. just take that into consideration with my most likely appealing offer. :D

one day... my xbox 360 portable WILL HAPPEN!!
(to bad imma broke teen)

nowayhome

Post by nowayhome » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:14 am

picture does not help like at all btw for this case..not to mention a complete different model then the OP was trying to find

minnieman

Post by minnieman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:28 pm

alright... sorry man, just trying to help. you need them for the ps3 PHAT?
every one of my trade offers comes with respect. just take that into consideration with my most likely appealing offer. :D

one day... my xbox 360 portable WILL HAPPEN!!
(to bad imma broke teen)

Scotty81

Post by Scotty81 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:28 pm

minnieman wrote:alright... sorry man, just trying to help. you need them for the ps3 PHAT?
As per my original post, i'm after info on the Slim as i have yet to find the details of that little white plug online. Anyone interested in the PS3 fat pin out and hooking up to an ATX power supply can look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-VmRTw5e_c

I think my bro is just going to buy another psu off ebay and hope this gets this ps3 slim running again. When this happens I'll try and check the pins of myself with a multimeter and post the results

thobson

Post by thobson » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:13 pm

Clear LED PORTABLE XBOX 360 SLIM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
lextop4.jpg
lextop4.jpg (109.51KiB)Viewed 11750 times
lextop_3.jpg
lextop_3.jpg (93.57KiB)Viewed 11750 times
lextop.jpg
lextop.jpg (91.91KiB)Viewed 11750 times