Source for wired 360 controllers

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

Harlequin
Source for wired 360 controllers

Post by Harlequin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:22 am

I've been toying with the idea of making a wired 360 controller fit into a PS3 shell, or possibly a PS2 shell (haven't decided yet).

In order to do this, I need to follow the instructions etc that are laid out in a few posts online in these forums. I'm fine with that, but my concern is that I dont want to pay $50 for a controller that I will be destroying in the process. Anyone got a source for these cheap? I've tried ebay for 360 wired controller "as is" but don't end up getting much choice...

hackmodford
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Source for wired 360 controllers

Post by hackmodford » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:29 am

Gamestop has theirs for $25

Sent from my Alltel HTC Hero using Tapatalk

RDC

Re: Source for wired 360 controllers

Post by RDC » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:53 pm

You'll need the CL version of the Wired controller, not the Matrix. Any place that sells a lot of controllers will most likely have the CL versions in stock now, but you could still get a Matrix version by chance, and most likely will if it's a used controller. The last 3 digits of the part number on the sticker of the controller will tell if it's a CL or Matrix, the CL ends in -005 or -006 while the Matrix ends in -007. The last few I've purchased from Buy.com were the CL version, and I'd imagine the new Black Wired controllers are CL exclusively, though I haven't taken one of these apart yet.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.
Re-mappable Wireless 360 Controller - The CGnome