X31 headset setup

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99
X31 headset setup

Post by resecnded x » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:06 pm

hey, i got the x31 headset DJ711 sent me, now i need help setting it up; this is how i got my 360 setup

im using the hdmi cable for high def audio and tv, and my 360 is an xbox 360 elite

i've tried to find the right tutorial for me, but i can't find it; can anybody please help me with how to setup my x31 headset; even though i can use it to chat and hear WAY better, is there someway i can make the audio part of the hdmi setup go thru my headset

and if this is in the wrong place, please move it to the proper forum/section of these forums
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"

DJ711
Location:Deep in the garage trying so very hard not to fry my N64. Oh! Also NY

Re: X31 headset setup

Post by DJ711 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:11 pm

Awesome, Glad to know you got it!

Well, no, it has the analogue setup, you have to set it up separately than the HDMI cable on the analogue converter that comes with the 360 HDMI cable.

Wait, can you not hear game sounds or do you want the HDMI audio?

Also, the batteries in there and the one included are rechargeable and you should keep the charger plus two batteries plugged in at all times, so when the batteries in the headset dies you can switch immediately.

Here's the tutorial on the support site:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/support/inde ... =609220155" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I haven't been here in awhile, and looking back it's one of the worst ideas I ever had. I'm back and I'll be here for awhile, I was quite active 1 year ago and I hope to become that again.

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:22 pm

here is the deal, i hooked it up like it said, and the sound of people speaking is coming through the tv's built in speakers and the headset (which is good

now im trying to find a way to route all of the audio from my xbox 360 through my headset so when i turn them off, i get full xbox 360 audio restored back to my tv's built in speakers, and when i turn on my headset, all xbox 360 audio is routed into my headset

do you kinda get what im trying to say, because i can't figure out how better to word this problem of mine

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:31 pm

Moving to the 360 forum...
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:44 pm

hey, i switched from the hdmi cable to the Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable, and i used the hdtv settings

after a little readjustment of some screen settings, i got it back to what it would've been if i had used the hdmi cable, and i hooked in the 2 red/white headset plugs into the right ports, then put the 360 red/white plugs into the opening of the x31 headset ports, and i still do not have game audio routed into my headset

got any tips

Bush

Post by Bush » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:43 pm

Don't hook up the audio to your tv/receiver. Just the headset. You wont be needing HDMI for sound as you will get analog audio either way.

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Don't hook up the audio to your tv/receiver. Just the headset. You wont be needing HDMI for sound as you will get analog audio either way.
ok so what you are saying is that i shouldn't use the audio part of the av component cable, but use..... ok dude, can you specify more clearly on what you are trying to say, because it sounds like your trying to say "use the red/white audio receiver plugs, but not the audio plugs with the 360 av component cable"

can anybody else specify or explain more clearly on this please

and im not using hdmi, i took off the hdmi cable from my 360 and tv and started to use the hdtv settings on my 360 av component cable