Help - Connecting a lcd monitor internally into an xbox 360?

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

zzirSaad
Help - Connecting a lcd monitor internally into an xbox 360?

Post by zzirSaad » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Hey, I was just wondering how to sauder wires correctly into the mobo From inside without using a external vga cable. i Plan to put a small 8" lcd monitor into my xbox kind of like this Image Your help is greatly appreciated!

minnieman

Re: Help - Connecting a lcd monitor internally into an xbox 360?

Post by minnieman » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:05 pm

zzirSaad wrote:Hey, I was just wondering how to sauder wires correctly into the mobo From inside without using a external vga cable. i Plan to put a small 8" lcd monitor into my xbox kind of like this Image Your help is greatly appreciated!
first off its "solder", and use this guide: http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/14/how- ... -cable-fo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but instead of connecting it to the cable, connect to the screen.
every one of my trade offers comes with respect. just take that into consideration with my most likely appealing offer. :D

one day... my xbox 360 portable WILL HAPPEN!!
(to bad imma broke teen)

zzirSaad

Post by zzirSaad » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:24 pm

I am very familiar with that post but the problem with that is I have to sacrifice a Vid Cable and I dont want to do that I want to wire it straight to the mobo, If you look in the picture their vid cable is acually in and connected to an external tv. And that way making it still able to run through a tv. If you know a link to the mobo pinouts that would be great b/c my searching is holding up no answers. Oh and yeah I get solder and sauder mixed up a lot my bad.

Goldy

Post by Goldy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:48 pm

zzirSaad wrote:I am very familiar with that post but the problem with that is I have to sacrifice a Vid Cable and I dont want to do that I want to wire it straight to the mobo, If you look in the picture their vid cable is acually in and connected to an external tv. And that way making it still able to run through a tv. If you know a link to the mobo pinouts that would be great b/c my searching is holding up no answers. Oh and yeah I get solder and sauder mixed up a lot my bad.

that link shows you the pinout of the connector, so you can easily work out which on the motherboard it is.

and you will come unstuck when you want to play on a tv, you will need to create a switch. (unless the HDMI port takes priority? Haven't used a HDMI 360 yet)

zzirSaad

Post by zzirSaad » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:16 pm

before I get to doing that is there a certain voltage given out by each pin that I could possibly test for? or is it all the same?