Xbox 360 WVI Mass Production

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

e3c
Xbox 360 WVI Mass Production

Post by e3c » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:14 pm

I am new at modding and do not have much experience so i want to start off with something not too complicated. I want to make a xbox 360 WVI and need to know what i need and what is done. If there are any tutorials or anything that could help please tell me. also i need to know exactly what ill need. I want to make the LCD be apart from the controller. is there any way to connect lcd to controller wirelessly and then connect that wirelessly to xbox. For this would i need two batteries for controller and one for lcd or can the controller use stock power if lcd wont be attached.

Edit:
Well i have studied a lot and i have started working on it as a screen i am using a zenith 5" as it has a hinge built in so would work great in design.
Anyways i am now looking for parts batteries, resistors, capacitors, chargers, wireless transmitters
If you can link me to some or have some you can sell me let me know. i will start to work as soon as i get parts necessary.
As it will be mass produced prices will be much cheaper than the average 600-800 around the forums will have internal chatpad and will be available in any colors specified
Last edited by e3c on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Re: Xbox 360 WVI

Post by bassmasta » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:29 pm

LCD
Controller
Wireless Transmitter
Case
Soldering iron, wire etc.

The screen and controller are both individually connected to the 360. Yes, the 360 controller can run on its own batteries.

and finally:
bassmasta wrote:Seriously? The Search button can do wonders.
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... t=xbox+wvi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

e3c

Post by e3c » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:51 pm

Okay whats etc. And also is it possible to make a wvi without connecting to controller. I want to make it separate like an accessory to make it work without a customized controller. also can I connect the lcd to controller wirelessly so you can use the controller and have the screen apart maybe by connecting a transmitter to the controller and receiver to the lcd?
My For Sale Thread

^ Rare Moniter, Many Consoles, And More!

bassmasta

Post by bassmasta » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:08 am

Etc. is whatever else you might need; solder or other stuff.
OK, I'll make it simple. You get a wireless transmitter to transmit the video/audio to a receiver, which is wired to a screen and speakers. You put it in a case and connect it to batteries to take it anywhere.
The controller is still wirelessly connected to the 360, just like normal. You can put it in the case for the screen and have it all together if you want but you don't have to.
Make sense now? I'm not going to hold your hand while you do this.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

e3c

Post by e3c » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:17 am

So transmitter must be placed in xbox then lcd receives the signal? The. How would I connect it to controller? would I need to use a second transmitter/reciever to connect lcd to controller? so lcd will display and allow controller to be used at a distance from xbox. Also any recommendations for best wireless transmitters? I'm thinking of using a psp-3000 lcd for it
My For Sale Thread

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:56 am

e3c wrote:So transmitter must be placed in xbox then lcd receives the signal? The. How would I connect it to controller? would I need to use a second transmitter/reciever to connect lcd to controller? so lcd will display and allow controller to be used at a distance from xbox. Also any recommendations for best wireless transmitters? I'm thinking of using a psp-3000 lcd for it
The controller is already wireless! Both the controller and AV transmitter use RF technology and would have a similar range, so there is no need to make any connection between the screen and the controller. You will NOT be able to use a PSP screen, see this forum for more information about screens.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

e3c

Post by e3c » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:03 am

Well say I have 2 wvis in multiplayer would the wvi show the full screen slip screen of would it show screen corresponding to its player using the controller
My For Sale Thread

bassmasta

Post by bassmasta » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:58 am

No. A WVI is just a wireless TV.

e3c

Post by e3c » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:09 pm

so i connect the lcd to a battery and a and connect the transmitter to the xbox? Also what is a good widescreen lcd that can be used for this?

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Post by humakabula1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:10 am

in terms of screen orientation portrait or landscape?
if its landscape a in-car dvd player screen is good as there around 7"
if your setting it up a portrait (which you should) use a ps1 screen (5")
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

e3c

Post by e3c » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:34 am

Well I'm planning on placing the screen in the controller. I would make a custom controller case using the actual case I just plan on making the screen fold down and fit in the controller just right by doing like an incave where the x start and select buttons are. Obviously I'd need to shorten the buttons which should be a problem. Though I'm not sure which screen to use that would be roughly just under the controllers size and has speakers that won't affect screen fitting in and I'd have to work a way to clamshell It having the screen controls in top of the controller peeking out when its closed. Also I have to find a way to add an extra accessory adapter. So the chat pad and mic can be used online. Anyways the reason I was thinking of a seperate screen I want to see of its possible to make the wvi screen completely apart as an accessory but I'd have to find a way for it to be in the top. A screen under the controller isn't really appealing to comfort. Maybe make a plastic adapter that goes from the bottom to the top of the controller that snaps into place that has 2 accessory outputs in bottom and one on top for screen. That idea night be easier to make and cheaper maybe. Except for the problem of the bottom to top of the screen. Any suggestions?
My For Sale Thread

e3c

Post by e3c » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:50 pm

Okay here's my basic design. Its made with ms paint and its not too easy to make a 360 controller on ms paint. I don't exactly know how to use adobe illustrator so for now here it is with paint. I'm posting from mobile so its a picture of pc. Ill be posting a better quality picture soon.
Attachments
IMG00399-20100712-2343.jpg
Real rough design ill make a 3d model soon.
IMG00399-20100712-2343.jpg (251.22KiB)Viewed 9841 times
My For Sale Thread

humakabula1
360 GamerTag:H1writer

Post by humakabula1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:07 am

nice design!
i would choose the ps1 screen or even a 3.5"
Wedgix (custom linux distro): 20% complete

e3c

Post by e3c » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:01 pm

I'm glad you like my design as I took about an hour working on replicating a 360 controller. Anyways I need to find a screen that has the speakers away from the controller like the ps1 screen. does it have audio out for headphones or do I have to mod it in. Also can it be nodded to have different outputs as in the mini headphones mics and bh headphones?
My For Sale Thread

e3c

Re: Xbox 360 WVI Mass Production

Post by e3c » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:29 pm

Bump. Anyone have a diagram I can use and links to parts let me know
My For Sale Thread