ps3 no video

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

bubba1375
PSN Username:bubba1375
ps3 no video

Post by bubba1375 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:30 pm

i just fix my ylod on my ps3 by heating up bgas and reflowing and when i got it all back together i got no video or audio,ive tryed av,comp,and hdmi and nothing does any one have ideas thanks

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Re: ps3 no video

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:45 am

Make sure all the proper connections and are connected the same way that they were when you opened the console. Then look for buldging capacitors. If there are some, replace them. If there are not, then make sure you didnt fry anything inside the console whilst you were fixing the problem.

brandonk318
PSN Username:brandonk318

Re: ps3 no video

Post by brandonk318 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:47 am

I have had a few ps3s do that to me before. Try this hook up the power chord and the av chord. Press and hold on the power button...let go when you hear 2 beeps that sound like they beeped at almost the same time. If you did it correctly it should ask you to hook up your controller to the usb and it will give you a list to choose from. First try restore default settings. If it continues.... a couple of systems wouldn't do anything after I did restore deafult settings but then I tried the restore the ps3 console option and it worked great but it erased everything on the system. So be careful what you choose.