Methods that get you banned from xbox live.

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

Dragon1212
PSN Username:Dragon1212
Steam ID:dragon12124
Methods that get you banned from xbox live.

Post by Dragon1212 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:30 am

I have found rumors i can't remember where, that certain points have to be connected in order to remain unbanned from xbox live. And that removing the console from its metal frame dissconnects these until it is returned back into the case. Is this rumor true and if yes does anyone know which points these are, I will continue to search. because I am trying to make a laptop out of a xbox. Like many others.

Thank you for your time

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Re: Methods that get you banned from xbox live.

Post by jdmlight » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:41 am

Sounds like the rumor of "chip smashers" to me. :lol: I don't remember reading anything about "certain points" that have to stay connected. I know things like modding your DVD drive to play burned games can get you banned, but I don't think just taking it apart and moving stuff around gets you banned. The only negative I can think of to opening the 360 is that your warranty is voided, but I assume you knew that.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Dragon1212
PSN Username:Dragon1212
Steam ID:dragon12124

Post by Dragon1212 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:00 am

Thats what I thought, Yea my warranty was void on both my RROD Xbox's i got for free. Put a CPU heat sink from the 2nd one on the first ones GPU and soldered the fans to the PSU points , No more RROD!

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:37 am

I have heard that the screws holding the little board with the smd leds for the power button (forget what it's called) have to all be in or it wont turn on...

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Pkmnjunky7 wrote:I have heard that the screws holding the little board with the smd leds for the power button (forget what it's called) have to all be in or it wont turn on...
False. I've turned one on without those screws many many times. :lol:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:01 pm

The system might detect that say the DVD drive is not attached, and could report it back to live, but I don't exactly know. I've heard MS is able to detect DVD firmware, and then bans people with modded firmware.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:37 pm

bassmasta wrote:I've heard MS is able to detect DVD firmware, and then bans people with modded firmware.
This is absolutely true. I personally know a few people banned from Live because they modded their drives to play burned games.

However, I do not know if MS would ban you from Live if you just had the DVD drive detached. I would just keep the DVD drive attached/the network cable disconnected while you're debugging.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:23 pm

You will also be banned, most likely within an hour, if you go online with any sort of modified nand, like xbr or freeboot.

thetwoj1014

Post by thetwoj1014 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:30 pm

The case theory is bogus, our X-Top has been on live for over 3 months without incident. It's all about the firmware throughout the system. Leave that all stock and you've got nothing to worry about. As long as you don't send the president threatening Live voice messages or anything.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Games that aren't burned correctly and are then used with the DVD drive with modded firmware will get people banned.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"