Wii Dash 4.2 Homebrew

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

Joes2Silly
Wii Dash 4.2 Homebrew

Post by Joes2Silly » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Just a few quick questions, who has updated their wii (Dash 4.2) and is still running homebrew? If it uninstalls the homebrew channel why do I still see it on my dashboard along with USB Loader? I can boot into these programs but I cannot boot ISOs in USB Loader or anything in the homebrew channel. Can I just use a new softmod such as Indiana Pwns or Smash stack to reinstall this software?

official xbox fiend

Joes2Silly

Re: Wii Dash 4.2 Homebrew

Post by Joes2Silly » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:19 pm

Okay, I figured out that I actually have 4.1 and how to uninstall the channels. I'm still wondering if anyone on here has updated and is running homebrew channel :|

official xbox fiend

smitty

Post by smitty » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:42 pm

I have 4.2 and the Homebrew Channel. I don't pirate games (I have a very small hard drive) so I don't know about loading ISOs, but as long as you have the newest version of the Homebrew Channel it should work perfectly. I don't know why it wouldn't work in 4.1, but then again I never had that firmware. I went straight from whatever the last 3._ was to 4.2. :P
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

JariV

Post by JariV » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:07 am

4.2, running HBC, running backuploaders, running USB Loaders.
themadhacker wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:What are radio shack buttons?
buttons you buy at radioshack.

joeyjoe9876

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:48 am

you need to patch the mIOS again ;) then you will be able to play all your burnt isos and stuff
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

JariV

Post by JariV » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:56 am

mIOS doesn't have anything to do with it? That's for GC backups..

You just need to install some IOS's.
themadhacker wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:What are radio shack buttons?
buttons you buy at radioshack.

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Cool, I may still wait to upgrade, but it is nice to know that I can still run homebrew and backups on my wii.

official xbox fiend

mako321

Post by mako321 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Don't update it, 4.2 updates the boot 2 to boot2v4, so on many wiis, the update freezes and the wii bricks. (On wiis with no homebrew this happens)

smitty

Post by smitty » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:03 pm

mako321 wrote:Don't update it, 4.2 updates the boot 2 to boot2v4, so on many wiis, the update freezes and the wii bricks. (On wiis with no homebrew this happens)
Many? According to Team Twizzers, very few Wiis brick because of this update. More than from any other update, but still few.
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

Ampersand

Post by Ampersand » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:57 am

My tip is to not upgrade while you have homebrew channel (or any other homebrew) installed, just to be on the safe side. Also, while you have any homebrew on your Wii, make sure you have Bootmii and Restoremii installed. Saved me from my last brick.

[edit]
Also, I believe bannerbomb v2 is the only softmod that works on system menu 4.2. If you are on 4.1 or previous Wii system menus, you should be able to use Smash Stack, Twilight Princess, Indiana Pwns, bannerbomb v1, and bannerbomb v2.
[edit]
Registration Information wrote:How much is 5+2 *
NO I'M NOT A BOT!...
... Four?

smitty

Post by smitty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Ampersand wrote:My tip is to not upgrade while you have homebrew channel (or any other homebrew) installed, just to be on the safe side. Also, while you have any homebrew on your Wii, make sure you have Bootmii and Restoremii installed. Saved me from my last brick.
Upgrading with the homebrew channel is a whole lot easier than doing the fricking Twilight hack again. Especially since the homebrew channel won't get removed from this update, even though that's the reason they made the update. Although I hear bannerbomb's easier than the Twilight hack, it didn't exist when I hacked my Wii and I think I've only updated once or twice. I went straight from 3.sumthin to 4.2 . :lol: