WiiCube Worklog (Now have screen with pic)

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

hackmodford
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: WiiCube Worklog (Now have screen with pic)

Post by hackmodford » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:09 am

Okay so I wired it up. I had to extend the screens backlight power cables so that the thing could lay "flat" on my workbench. it's scary trying not to break that LCD cable. Anyways first try I couldn't find the video source! Next I found that only on the remote you can switch it to A/V instead of the channel selection. (It's got a TV Tuner that I'm going to have to remove :twisted: )

Then I got a picture from the wii. But it kept going in and out almost as if the wii isn't kicking enough signal or the screens not getting enough power? I'm wondering if there's a problem with the PSU (it's the one from the xbox and might explain why I'm having all of this trouble.)

I'm also afraid of frying the wii since the heatsink is pretty bent up and I'm not sure if it's making good contact with the CPU and GPU below. So I'm gonna leave it off for now.

I'm thinking of trying the frankenstein method this time around (lots of bondo and hotglue) might be something different to try. And also since I can't have the pieces cut for my other method anymore I mineswell. (would be cheaper too) I'm trying to find a good case like a lunch box or something. I'm thinking about using my dremels case... but it might be too big. But it would be pretty sweet to just carry this tiny little suitcase around and slip it open to discover a wii! Except I'll need friction hinges... hmm....

hackmodford

Re: WiiCube Worklog (Now have screen with pic)

Post by hackmodford » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:45 pm

Okay so here it is and everything will fit rather nicely in this case.

hackmodford

WiiCube Worklog (Now have screen with pic)

Post by hackmodford » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:38 pm

The project has officially died.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk