I need some ideas for xbox 360 project

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

Rixer 1337
I need some ideas for xbox 360 project

Post by Rixer 1337 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:50 pm

This is what I have:

Xbox 360:

17 inch monitor:

I need some ideas. I want to make a portable xbox 360 with a screen in it. I just don't know what kind of case I should make for it or anything. I want to do as little modification as possible to the actual xbox 360 itself. Please help?

Edit: I also thought about taking this old dell computer case that I have and mounting the xbox 360 and monitor inside the computer case. Would this be cool or should I build something more like a laptop?
CHECK OUT MY STORE:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30397
I AM SELLING A NINTENDO DS, INTEC GAME GEAR SCREEN AND MANY OTHER ITEMS. COME CHECK IT OUT!

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Re: I need some ideas for xbox 360 project

Post by samjc3 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:54 pm

good luck. an x360 laptop is just about the hardest mod out there. its just about impossible.
however the computer case could be cool, but dont use a dell. they suck! get one of the alien ware breed cases or something

one of these!
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:41 pm

Blow them up with atomic bombs. That is a good idea.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Rixer 1337

Post by Rixer 1337 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:52 pm

I don't want to build a laptop. I saw that guys tablet dreamcast and I thought it would be cool to do something like that but with an xbox 360. I might just make my xbox super cool and use the monitor like normal and play.
CHECK OUT MY STORE:
I AM SELLING A NINTENDO DS, INTEC GAME GEAR SCREEN AND MANY OTHER ITEMS. COME CHECK IT OUT!

collinE

Post by collinE » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:42 am

the tablet idea is cool, but with a 360, it might be a little too large and heavy to hold or carry.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Make a tablet!
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

WERD

Post by WERD » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:33 pm

I say go for making a Tablet! It would be great to see another tablet made with some newer hardware. I would say make it so that it can be placed back on the stand and you can use it at your desk. I intended on doing this but time restraints caused me to not be able to do that. That would be awesome to have a 360, monitor all in one. And if its removable can be taken other places. Good luck! I will be anxious to see what you end up doing!

Rixer 1337

Post by Rixer 1337 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:20 pm

I was also thinking if I were to follow through with this project. Would it be cool to use wood for the case? I you know what you are doing, you can make it look really cool. Maybe even instead of painting the wood I could just stain it.
CHECK OUT MY STORE:

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:37 pm

yeah! wood would be epic!! use ebony. it would be pretty expensive, but the sheer awesomeness wood outweigh the cost!
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

Rixer 1337

Post by Rixer 1337 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:32 pm

samjc3 wrote:yeah! wood would be epic!! use ebony. it would be pretty expensive, but the sheer awesomeness wood outweigh the cost!
LOL I like the pun that you used with wood.

Anyways, here is what the inside and outside would look like:
For the front I will cut out the faceplate in wood then bondo the xbox 360 faceplate onto it so that I don't have to worry about the buttons and ports on the front. I will also add fans to the side of the xbox and keep the stuck ones in there. I am not sure but I might also add some copper onto the heat sinks but I don't think I will need it because my xbox doesn't overheat now, and it would pretty much be stock beside the case and screen being put on top.
CHECK OUT MY STORE: