flash a xbox 360 disc drive but xbox live will still work?

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

BoomBox-Creations
flash a xbox 360 disc drive but xbox live will still work?

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:25 am

hi, i want to flash my friends xbox 360 disc drive's firmware

yer know, to do everything that a chip does, but chips dont let you use xbox live, he wants to be able to use xbox live aswell, and to use his game backups.

so, if anyone knows a good tutorial on how to do this, or just some reference on roughly how to do it, its appreciated =D

i really dont care about the cost, so yer.....

the only reason why im askin, caus my friends already thrown out a 360 from getting it chipped caus xbox live didnt work, and ive seen another friend that while he was in queensland australia, he had his done, to play backup games and use xbox live aswell, and im not going to fly all the way from WA to queensland just for a 360.....

so if you know a guide, id like to see/hear it =D

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:27 am

I have heard that they are cracking down on bans as they get closer to the dashboard update.

I also think you are wrong about the chips, last time I checked the people with the, "mad dog" I think it was, were some of the few people not receiving bans. At least the last time they did mass bannings.

go to 360mods.com and look at textbook's guide, it is a pretty good one for flashing
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:53 am

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:I have heard that they are cracking down on bans as they get closer to the dashboard update.

I also think you are wrong about the chips, last time I checked the people with the, "mad dog" I think it was, were some of the few people not receiving bans. At least the last time they did mass bannings.

go to 360mods.com and look at textbook's guide, it is a pretty good one for flashing
not sure.... if your talking about mod chips are illegal, theyre not in AUS....

nope, my friends xbox live didnt work caus of the chip so he threw it out....