xbox laptop, red rings

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

skyleb
xbox laptop, red rings

Post by skyleb » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:22 pm

ok, so me and my friend are planning on making an xbox 360 laptop. but unfortunately the xbox we are going to use has the red flashing lights. now i have already called microsoft and told them to ship me a new box, so i can get a new xbox. but i also looked up how to fix the flashing red lights. and i noticed that the way that you fix the flashing lights is slightly similair to the way that you make the custom heatsink. (heres my question in a nutshell) If you make an xbox 360 laptop, does it (simotaneously) fix the flashing red lights? if not i can just order a new xbox 360 and do it with that one.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:47 pm

Im not expert on the red ring issues, but I thought it was because of heat cycling, and that once the damage was done, it was done. No going back.

The "fix" is just a preventative measure, it wont make the rings go away, it just stops them from happening.

or something?

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

skyleb

alright

Post by skyleb » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:50 pm

alright thnx, i guess ill go ahead and order a new xbox then... i just want to get started on this, and procrastinating isnt going to help me... but if i have to i guess ill just order a new xbox...