3PS60 Controller, Wired 360 controller in PS3 shell

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

RDC
Re: 3PS60 Controller, Wired 360 controller in PS3 shell

Post by RDC » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:10 am

Had a chance to solder up a few more wires to this thing.

At this point only the USB, RSX, RSY, RSC, and LED connections have been completed. The Light Rumble circuit has also been cut from what was left the controller board and connected up to the main board so it doesn't need to (technically) be rebuilt.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.
Re-mappable Wireless 360 Controller - The CGnome

RDC

Post by RDC » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Right now everything is wired up and tested except the Headset connector.

All that's left now is to set the board down, solder up the Headset jack and route all the wiring so it doesn't get pinched anywhere or cause issues when putting the bottom half of the shell on and this one will be done.

Last edited by RDC on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

RDC

Post by RDC » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:24 am

Here it is all finished up..

IRShifty

Post by IRShifty » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Looks great man, would love to have one of these. Do you sell them? if so how much?

RDC

Post by RDC » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:08 pm

I honestly don't know if I'll be making any more of these up as they take a great deal of time and parts to put together, and on average it carries a hefty price tag, more than what a PS3 costs, so it's not a real popular controller to have made up once people hear that, but they also have not one clue what it takes to build one either. If a controller that costs more than your console did doesn't sit well with you then it's not something you'll want to get into, but if you're serious about having one made up you can PM me about the details.

Bosceltics
PSN Username:ii-Try-Hard-ii
360 GamerTag:Entervention

Post by Bosceltics » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:56 pm

How much would it cost to have a wired one without the headset?

RDC

Post by RDC » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:05 am

It depends on how you're wanting the rest of the controller done up, and it would be Wired regardless, unless someone feels like shelling out the serious coin it would take to make a Wireless one up. You can PM with the details of how you'd like it done if you're interested in having one made up, but it's still an expensive controller to make with or without the Headset connector on there.

Bosceltics
PSN Username:ii-Try-Hard-ii
360 GamerTag:Entervention

Post by Bosceltics » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Would it be possible to switch the D-pad and left analog stick on a 360 controller (so it's like a ps3) then change the analog sticks to ps3 ones? I would provide a 360 controller along with a ps2 or ps3 for the analog sticks.

RDC

Post by RDC » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:39 pm

That question has already been answered in the other thread where you asked it.

Them21king
PSN Username:Henryhellboy
360 GamerTag:SSC x GLOCK 17

Post by Them21king » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi wanted to ask are you selling the controllers and for how much if yes give us a reply as I am interested :D :D :D :D

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:19 pm

Them21king wrote:Hi wanted to ask are you selling the controllers and for how much if yes give us a reply as I am interested :D :D :D :D
probably more than you want to pay.

RDC

Post by RDC » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:45 pm

The cost of having one of these made up (again) depends on exactly how one is wanting it done. I don't make any 'cookie cutter' type of controller with a fixed price tag, especially this one, I do custom work based on how the person is wanting it setup, but it's going to cost more than what your PS3 did regardless for one of these things. If anyone is serious about having one made they can PM me with the details of how they would like it done and get a quote on having it made up.

Them21king
PSN Username:Henryhellboy
360 GamerTag:SSC x GLOCK 17

Post by Them21king » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:25 am

Are you selling them if so give me a message and for how much

Wak4863
PSN Username:Wak4863
360 GamerTag:Wak4863

Post by Wak4863 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:15 pm

Love how people don't or can't read.

RDC

Post by RDC » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm

I've had more than a few requests to have this controller made up, so I want to make it clear to anyone else that stumbles across this thread.

I do not plan to make any more of this version of the 3PS60 controller up, sorry. They take a great deal of time and effort to build, and not many seem to understand that usually comes with a fairly steep price tag. If you can build it for the cost of the materials alone and want to give all the time and effort you spent on making it away, I'm sure there will be more than a few people that would love to hear about it, but I'm not independently wealthy with nothing better to do, thus I can not.

What I would rather attempt (one day) is to try and make up a Wireless version of the 3PS60 by making up a new board and transferring all of the parts from a Wireless 360 controller to it. If that sounds like more work than making this up as it already is, then you're right, but it'll be Wireless and it's more of a challenge for me. I've already done this controller in this way, so it really holds no more interest for me. That Wireless 3PS60 project alone will be extremely time consuming, and there's no 100% guarantee it can be pulled off, and definitely not to everyone's satisfaction, yet it remains on the top of my controller hit list to try and accomplish. I don't mean stuffing some chopped up board in a PS3 shell with a huge battery pack sticking out, I'm going for it too stay 100% PS3 looking from the outside, as well as still feel exactly like the controller did before, which does nothing really but add to the complexity of trying to make it.

The way I have this planned out is to..

Make a schematic of one of the Wireless 360 controllers, or more depending on how the versions go.
Design up some prototype boards in the PS3 controller board shape.
Have a few of those proto boards made to test fit and install components on, too work out all of the mechanical and electronic kinks, that there will be a ton of I'm sure.
Either work around the existing PS3 controller Daughter board, or have a new flex board made up for the button contacts.
Work out the battery issue, as well as charging setup to use.
Probably another run of a few more proto boards to check fixed as well as sort out any new issues that turn up.
Then final runs of the board ready to have all of the 360 board's components swapped over to them.

As of right now I have the schematic (CG2) part done, and I tinker from time to time with the design of the board in DipTrace, but I haven't set anything there yet. Any past that and it starts to become expensive.

If anyone is interested in a Wireless 3PS60 version, or would like to help out in whatever way, feel free to PM me or post in the thread here. It's not a project that will be done any time soon, so as far as testers go something would have to be made before it can be tested, so please no "I'll test it out" requests. If it doesn't work it's not getting past me for anyone else to check out, but after I'd have a working one made up feedback from some other gamers would be much appreciated. Even if I had a mountain of $$$$ to throw at it, designing up a board takes time, as does building and checking everything before it can be put thru it's paces by someone else, but one of these days it's something I plan to check off my list. ;)

RDC