PS3, Xbox, Wii Display Sockets

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

Amomynous
PS3, Xbox, Wii Display Sockets

Post by Amomynous » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:40 pm

I was wondering when Ben Heck built the Next Gen Laptops, did he leave the sockets in the back so if you wanted to play on the big screen, you could still have the option of hooking it up?

Also, has anyone attempted (if even possible) giving the wii a same size screen as the PS3p and Xbox 360p?

Thanks for the feedback

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:52 pm

I know there are the spots on the back of the Wii Laptop and all 3 versions of the 360 Laptop to where you can hook it up to a TV. Now as for the PS3 Laptop. I'm not sure if it is has a Video out option.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

nc

Re: PS3, Xbox, Wii Display Sockets

Post by nc » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:53 pm

Amomynous wrote:I was wondering when Ben Heck built the Next Gen Laptops, did he leave the sockets in the back so if you wanted to play on the big screen, you could still have the option of hooking it up?

Also, has anyone attempted (if even possible) giving the wii a same size screen as the PS3p and Xbox 360p?

Thanks for the feedback
1) I believe he does but i'm not entirely sure.

2) It would certainly be possible , the would just be far bigger than it needs to be. The base would have to be the same size as the screen , so there would be a lot of empty space in there.

Fat D

Post by Fat D » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:05 pm

Wii understands USB keyboards on the Internet channel and the GC-Linux port, as well as the message board. So that could be added. Also, storage for wiimotes.

Amomynous

Post by Amomynous » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:31 pm

nc wrote: 1) I believe he does but i'm not entirely sure.

2) It would certainly be possible , the would just be far bigger than it needs to be. The base would have to be the same size as the screen , so there would be a lot of empty space in there.
I was thinking of putting in probably the controllers or display cables as a sort of compartment.. but you're probably right, there'd still be a hell of a lot of room. Maybe I can use some of the room to just add the rest of the gamecube ports instead of just one.
nightwheel wrote:I know there are the spots on the back of the Wii Laptop and all 3 versions of the 360 Laptop to where you can hook it up to a TV. Now as for the PS3 Laptop. I'm not sure if it is has a Video out option.
Well I believe there isn't a battery power enough to power any of the laptops cause they weren't exactly built to be portable. I do however like the look of the laptop and hooking it up to a TV when you're at home would be the only reason why I would continue my projects.
Fat D wrote:Wii understands USB keyboards on the Internet channel and the GC-Linux port, as well as the message board. So that could be added. Also, storage for wiimotes.
Yeah those are really good ideas, since the screen would be larger when you could probably add a keyboard just like the PS3 and Xbox 360 laptops.