PS3/XBox 360 Combo Console

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

marquisdaniels
PS3/XBox 360 Combo Console

Post by marquisdaniels » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:52 pm

Hey, I'm a huge Ben Heck fan from the Philippines. And yes, I don't know the technical crap that goes in Ben's hacking projects. But I'm just wondering, is it possible for Ben to create an XBox 360 and PS3 combo console? It does not need to be portable or a Laptop combo. How much would this cost, the length of the project and can I request and buy one from Ben?
Thanks.

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:10 pm

Well for starters, the best way to get an answer from ben is by emailing him.

Also, it would cost a lot of money. More money then you would think. It would be like making 2 laptops (he sells em for about $4k a piece). For starters, everything is different between the two consoles. You wouldn't be able to use the same disk drive. You would have multiple HD's. Multiple sound/video/Ethernet/usb ports. I don't really know what the point of this would be. Most games are available for both systems.

When you hear about it you might think it is cool, but really, when you think about it. It just doesn't make sense at all.

marquisdaniels

Post by marquisdaniels » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:17 pm

I was supposed to use this so that I could fit both systems into my car. Isn't it possible for it to utilize only one disc tray for both the XBox 360 and PS3?

Oh in that case, I'll just e-mail Ben if he could make a PS3 that is embeded into a car's dashboard.

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:24 pm

If you aren't concerned about size. I don't see why you couldn't do this yourself. It would mean a lot of dash customization which I don't think Ben would take a second look at. This isn't an automotive forum and you would probably get a lot more support from people over at MP3car.com

Don't forget about the cost. For the right amount of money, ben would probably do it. but that would have to be in the $8k US range and I doubt you have that much change kicking around.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Seeing as how you live in another country, I suggest, without trying to sound bitter, that you sit and think about it. Its hard to do modifications to a car halfway around the world.
And also, it would not be at all possible to use one DVD drive for both consoles, as each drive is made for, and only for, that specific console.

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:33 am

soundwave wrote: And also, it would not be at all possible to use one DVD drive for both consoles, as each drive is made for, and only for, that specific console.
Does the PS3 not use bluray anyways??

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:40 am

WhatULive4 wrote:
soundwave wrote: And also, it would not be at all possible to use one DVD drive for both consoles, as each drive is made for, and only for, that specific console.
Does the PS3 not use bluray anyways??
:? of course it does.

dragonball345

Post by dragonball345 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:40 am

just cause the bluray drive can read dl dvds too does not mean it would work with 360 hardware not to mind how fun it would be to wire it up. Plus laser only read at one speed if I'm right.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:45 pm

No. The Bluray Drive in PS3 will not play 360 DVDs

The Ethernet Ports on 360 and PS3 will still have to be separate

There is probably a way to make a single HDMI port probably.

You will need two separate power supplies.

All in all, this project probably won't spare you any money or space.