wii broken problem kinda know whats wrong

Discuss LEGAL mods for your game systems, and turning them into portables!

Moderator:Moderators

zefeldo2
wii broken problem kinda know whats wrong

Post by zefeldo2 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:00 pm

this is from being a low experienced modder. but i have gotten quite a bit better than i have been before.
I think i know what is wrong with my wii but im not sure how to fix it.
K first i hooked it up to a couple of AA batteries and it turned on. but the batteries only added up to 9v and of course i know now that the wii has to have 12v but i know that isnt the reason why it broke (i think) it was the amps, too much and it over heated the fuse and destroyed it or messed it up. and now i need to know how to get another fuse for the wii NOT the power cord but just the wii itself.
I dont know were to get another fuse and could not succesfully get into the wii because of only 2 screws that were left.
The other thing is that makes it messed is that it turns on but then freezes and shows nothing but black. but i know when it freezes u have to hold the power button for 3 or 4 seconds.
I think i just need another fuse and im good to go but im not actually sure. if I do then i will just turn this wii into a portable and use another wii for a home wii. I do not have another wii but i will get one and wanted to save my first wii.
any help would be nice. I know that i need a 3 star or shaped screw driver to get in and i am getting on, but i got in with a - shaped screw driver exept for the last 2 screws.

joeyjoe9876

Re: wii broken problem kinda know whats wrong

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:15 pm

The problem is the fact you are using AA's
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:19 pm

Have you tried it with the original power supply? It sounds like you just drained the AAs.

zefeldo2

Post by zefeldo2 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:25 am

yes i have retried it with the power supply.. thats what i mean. ive already tried the original power supply right and then it shows a black screen and freezes.
Its not like i kept using aa batteries to see if the wii actually worked or not.
and when i do make a portable or laptop out of it i would change the batteries to lithium or use the original power cord supply.

Steamdnt
PSN Username:xboxlive_adm

Post by Steamdnt » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:30 am

Did you put the batteries in the right way? Polarity wise?
- Formerly known as DNT 2.5
A wild Website link has appeared.

zefeldo2

Post by zefeldo2 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:05 pm

yea i did put the batteries in the write way. + and -. and the red light turned on and then shut off.
then i hooked it up to the regular power supply and tv. and it was not working anymore

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:41 pm

jangame02 wrote:Hey guys
i am new to this forum! i recently bought wii console and I wanted to knw if its possible to burn wii games and play them on your wii without having a mod chip. I am downloading Mario Kart right now, apparently i heard somewhere that you burn the game at a very slow rate (4x) and it will work (something like that)! is this true?

if not is there another posibility?
Die in a pit, pirate.

Excellent

zefeldo2

Post by zefeldo2 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:33 pm

i guess nobody on this site knows how to fix a wii then.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:43 pm

You probably just ended up shorting something, 9v will not kill the wii, and it would never draw more amps than it needs. That is just not how electronics work.

You should really just bridge the fuse, you know where it is, right?

Excellent

zefeldo2

Post by zefeldo2 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:51 pm

like I said. i havent been able to actually open the wii yet because of the 2 screws.. and i cannot find my wii because someone put it away. so i am currently just looking for the wii at the moment. BUT when i get into the wii i could find the fuse because it would be near the power plug in (were the power cord goes into)

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Yes, it is a white component with gold ends right next to the power plug, can't miss it.

Excellent

OMGpedobear

Post by OMGpedobear » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:16 pm

The wii tslef dosent have a fuse, and the fatc that anything at all works (even jsut ther ed ligth) means that power is getting to the wii, under volting electroncis never harms them, except in a few very rare cases. The wii woudlnt run of aa's but as said above it wont be damaged by that, that fact that you have satrted to take it apart is probably the cause, did you slip at all when opening it ? Its very easy to knock smd component off which may have caused this. apart from that all i cna think it is, is corruption of the onboard flash or a dead cpu/gpu from over heating . I would say put all the screw back in and send it of to nintendo with an angry letter. Also if your stuck on the tri wing screws, the 2 on the back are onl start, there 2or 3 more hidng under the white panel on the top.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:51 pm

OMGpedobear wrote:The wii tslef dosent have a fuse
Yes, it does. It may even have multiple fuses, but I only know of one very, very obvious one.

Excellent

OMGpedobear

Post by OMGpedobear » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:09 am

It dosent have a main power fuse, there are smaller fuses on the cd drive and usb portsi think but no main big uber fuse, thats in the powersupply.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:21 am

No, check out the big white fuse RIGHT next to the power input on the Wii. It is labeled F2, which is standard fuse labeling procedure for the power input fuse on all Nintendo products.

Excellent