Weaponry/Tools thread

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

Fanboy
Weaponry/Tools thread

Post by Fanboy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:00 pm

I think if this is gonna be loosely based off the GTA series and Ben's life, then we should have some tools for hime to use. Nothing outrageous, maybe just regular craft supplies. Here are some tools that I or someone else of the GTP forums thought up:

Edit: Since so many people are interested in this thread, I figured that an update to the list would be in order:

Hot Glue Guns: Used similarly to spiderman webs. Hot glue stick in corner of screen will "melt" as you use more glue.
Screwdrivers: Used for breaking into cars and other small tasks, but mainly lock-picking.
Soldering Iron and Wire: Used to hotwire cars and remove other usible things or electronics.
X-acto Knife: Used for various odd-jobs.
*Nintendo Zapper: A videogame-related weapon I thought up, fires small electric rays, used as a weapon and tool. Asterisked for only possible use.
*Super Scope: Used like rocket launcher or bazooka in GTA, only with blasts of yellow energy :lol:!
*Hot Coffee Mod: Allows player to attack with cup of Hot Coffee, small cup in corner of screen "empties" the more you use it.
*Modded PSP/GCP: A completely out-there idea. Will use a modded system to launch disks.
*Heavy-Sixer-Case Armor: We all know that the Heavy-Sixer shell is sometimes annoyingly thick; but this makes it a great armor! Will need new parts after set amount of damage.
*ROB: A semi-playable character used for mini-missions. He can identify enemy weapons and spot hidden weapons like mines. Appears on-screen to help you out and store weapon and portable info. He also stores weapons and can be used in battle.
*Poisoned Minute Rice: Used for poisoning guards and torturing people for information... :wink:
*Deliciously cooked, succulent, aromatic Thanksgiving Turkeys: Used to knock guards out.
*Cardboard Box: Used for quick disguises and turkey storage :wink:
*Ben's Original PSp:Can cut things. Also used as a laser beam...
Game Controller: Hot wired to car so you can drive.
*PS3 controller: Batarang-like function. Plain and simple: A grappling hook.
*Nintendo Power-glove: Used to control ROB from a distance. Also gives extra power to videogame based weapons...

Keep the good idea's comin ma people! Maybe a mod could even stickify this thread, it is rather useful...

If anyone can think of anything else, POST! POST FOR YOUR LIFE! WE NEED IDEAS!
Last edited by Fanboy on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:56 am, edited 8 times in total.
God Bless Hot Glue

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:23 pm

Wire (strangualtion)
Game disc
And the uber weapon, a thrown X-box! It's soo big it will crush anything.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

MM007

Post by MM007 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:35 pm

A Nintendo Zapper is nice, but has been done. The show Captain N did it. Might wanna look into a SNES SUper Scope, or the Sega Master System Light Phaser. The latter is 9-pins, likely compatible with several systems if the games are coded right, and it looks sweet. ^^

You could also have a game disc launching weapon made from a broken drive and some high speed motors. Get them fast enough and they'll shatter when they hit the target. ^^*

Another neat mini game might br trying to control a vehicle like a bulldozer or a monster truck, using an NES controller. XD
Warranty-Voiding fun!

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:40 pm

Can you put in a super secret easter egg hidden paintball gun in for me? I can take a picture of mine so you can model it off of it.

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:41 pm

The Super Scope would be amazing, like the bazookas in GTA :wink:. And maybe we should do a different light gun than a zapper. And for the disk thing, we could have a modded PSP that fires UMDs :wink: ...
God Bless Hot Glue

MM007

Post by MM007 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:45 pm

Aren't UMDs contained within some sort of case like the old style CD drives? There'd be no point in using those any more than a cartridge. Perhaps a modded PS2 motor.

Besides, the PSP's battery life wouldn't be anywhere near good enough to fire that many. You need a power source that can handle a spinning motor and a launching mechanical system.
Warranty-Voiding fun!

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:58 pm

A modded PSP :wink: , this game doesn't have to be realistic, I just think it would be kinda kewl. Maybe something else, like Gamelvers GCP :wink: .
God Bless Hot Glue

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:06 pm

PSP- shoots UMDs at your enemies

Remote Detonation Atari VCS Smoke Bomb (loosely based off the NOACp story ;))

Of course, Minute Poisoned Rice. :P

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:09 pm

And a whole arsenal of deliciously cooked turkeys! :lol:
God Bless Hot Glue

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:42 pm

Mayhaps we can have a wiring mini game in which be hot-wires a system controller (any item he has in his Item Bag) into a vehicle (of any kind) so then there can be a driving mini game!
God Bless Hot Glue

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:49 pm

Maybe it could be a DS that fires cartridges it's cartridges. It would be modded so the spring would be air compressed and fires out at you!

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:50 pm

smod is awesome ! i like the super scope and zapper/phaser idea, we needed some type of guns! i say a few weapons, like zapper, super scope, light phaser, guncon, and any other game prehiperal you can thing of (like a ROB remote controll bomb!) or a ps3 controler boomerang!

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:50 pm

And you could use the hot glue gun to stick on a stylus or X-acto knife and launch it at people... :twisted:
God Bless Hot Glue

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:10 pm

How about a sequence using ROB to find mines? (Another NOACp story reference... :wink: )
-Luke

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:18 pm

Haha I can imagine it now
Grand Theft Portable wrote:Ben: Rob, enemy pirate-game companies have planted land mines to keep us from getting Superjoys! The horror!
*Find the Mines Mini-game (3-D minesweeper) Doesn't find them
all*
ROB: I believe I have caculated the safest route through enemy lines sir!
Ben: Very good! You go first... Just to make sure it's safe!
ROB: Okay...
*ROB takes one step and after 3 seconds blows up*
Ben: Haha. Oh well, at least I had my trusty extendo-shield made of junked heavy sixer cases!
Uber funny...
God Bless Hot Glue