General Info / News

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Status update...

Built a new PC, my old one was too unreliable (Reboots every few hours). I'm in the middle of transferring my data from the old PC.
Copy/paste for specs...AMD Sempron 3500+, 2GB DDR2 ram, 128mb geforceFX5200, 250gb hdd, lightscribe dvd-rw, windows xp

I got my FPGA proto board. It's going to be a heck of a challenge, but the result will pay off (N64 dev cart).

Still working on the N64 modplayer. I can now playback a 8-bit 22050hz sample at 44100hz, 16-bit, using linear interpolation. Adjustable volume and frequency. Next is to write a mixer and pattern playback code.
It's kind of cool working with raw sound data, you can do a lot more than you could otherwise..

Oh, and I've been playing Half-Life 2 finally, after all these years. Still an amazing game.

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:27 pm

well we can only hope this isn't killing oyu, what has been done is quite good, hope it is making enough progress to be considered so
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:24 am

Nice PC, a bit like the one i'm using now (yours is a bit better), can't wait to see more progress to the game!

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:41 pm

Ok folks, we still need to consider what will happen with the game next.

Since no one is either able or willing to come up with a city design or plan, the game will be solely minigames. No changing that.

1. Should the name be changed? Any ideas on that?
2. Maybe a completely different kind of game (like a space shooter) for the N64 would be more interesting than GTP?

Feedback, peoples!