Semi-Annoying Java Console Extension Removal (for firefox)

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99
Semi-Annoying Java Console Extension Removal (for firefox)

Post by resecnded x » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:40 pm

after having an incompatible version of java on my computer which affected my Firefox browser, I decided to ignore it, and after a long while, nothing much happened, but starting on Aug 3-7 2011 (or sometime starting in the month of august), my broswer + computer started to get an amount opf lag which would cause my computer to freeze up a little bit during my happenings, and un-freeze, then work just fine

of course with this happening a lot of times, I decided to rummage around my computer to find a solution, so I went to the java control panel, looked in the advanced tab, and saw the "default java for browsers" option, when I go to expand it, I see two check boxes (one is an UN-adjustable internet explorer option), and the one I see is for mozilla firefox, so I go and un-check it with all of my browsers off of course, and the lag I had is gone

this is the file path I followed: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\extensions

but in my extensions section of my add-ons menu, I have two unsightly extensions that I want to get rid of so they don't show up on the menu; both are java console, but one version is 6.0.22, and 6.0.26, so I rummage around in the program files to find the firefox data, take a look in the extensions folder, and see two folders named the following (sans the quotation marks) " {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0022-ABCDEFFEDCBA} " and " {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0026-ABCDEFFEDCBA} "

would deleting these two folders get rid of those unsightly extensions?

help is appreciated, and im running windows vista home premium-32-bit, if that helps
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"