Computer Charge Help!

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

e3c
Computer Charge Help!

Post by e3c » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:19 am

My netbook, an Asus Eee 1005HAB stopped charging after the small metal piece for the charger was pushed back enough for it to stop working, the charger itself was messed up so I though to buy a new charger, I bougght the charger and it worked, but on many occasions it started to move over to the wall of the Power input and I would have to push it to the middle with a small knife.

Now I tried to place my charger and it wasn't working so I moved it around a bit without really looking, well a few seconds later I realize I accidently pulled out the metal stub and got it stuck onto the actual charger tip. Is there a way to get this fixed without having to buy a new laptop? I am running on the last of laptop battery so I hope to find out soon.

Thanks ahead of time for the help
My For Sale Thread

^ Rare Moniter, Many Consoles, And More!

e3c

Re: Computer Charge Help!

Post by e3c » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:00 am

almar wrote:You must go on a technician to fix it. You may not have to buy a new one. Your netbook has a possibilty to fix.
Cool, I need to know, would this cost more than buying a new one?
My For Sale Thread

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:10 pm

I do power jack repairs for my local computer repair shop. My boss charges customers a flat rate of $65 plus parts. I'd say it's worth that much, at least. Call a local shop in your area and see how much they'd charge you.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

e3c

Post by e3c » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Tibia wrote:I do power jack repairs for my local computer repair shop. My boss charges customers a flat rate of $65 plus parts. I'd say it's worth that much, at least. Call a local shop in your area and see how much they'd charge you.
Thanks
My For Sale Thread