Modding Bayonetta&General modding (dangerous or useful)

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99
Modding Bayonetta&General modding (dangerous or useful)

Post by resecnded x » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:56 am

as the subject says, im getting to the point where im considering modding my bayonetta game to unlock enough stuff and get enough halo's (360 version)

only thing is, is that since people who get discovered using mods are most of the times in online matchmaking or multiplayer, is that will I get discovered if I mod my bayonetta game-save?; im not looking for a 100% unlock, just getting enough objects to sate my thirst

reply if you guys can, and if you can also help, do you know which tools I will need to do this; also, I got a lot of friends on xbox live that play resident evil 5, and I don't know how long they originally joined up with live, but I saw them wielding Wesker's Samurai Edge Pistol, different versions of knives, being able to throw those floating bombs that usually get thrown in water, using the L.T.D. (epic laser beam), the flamethrower, and many more, and yet I haven't had one of my friends there end up being banned because of breaking the ToS of xbox live (which other people probably fully read, but others just skip it because they don't want to be bored because of some stingy rules), got any ideas on how they managed to stay that long?
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"

WTB360LABTOP

Re: Modding Bayonetta&General modding (dangerous or useful)

Post by WTB360LABTOP » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Ask me any question, I used to be really good at game modding

If you are modding the gamesave, in most games that is the campaign and doesn't effect online

But if it did the chances of getting caught are really slim

But once again if you did get caught most likely they would only reset your profile, but the very worst thing that could happen, and the chances are very x 10 small, is that you would be banned from using online.

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99

Post by resecnded x » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:17 am

I got pretty much everything I need to do it, but there seems to be a problem on using it, these are the steps I use

1. copy bayonetta continue data to my portable hard drive (already formatted to work with 360)
2. hook up PHD (portable hard drive) to my computer and open it up with modio
3. get the continue data with modio and extract it to Original Un-modded folder
4. use Xbox_360_Container_Tool to get the data00 file from the continue data (at this time, I make copies of the data and put it in the control group folder for reference)
5. use downloaded bayonetta save editor to "adjust" my amount of witch hearts and moon pearls to acceptable levels, then save the changes to the data00 file (modded)
6. use the Xbox_360_Container_Tool to overwrite the data00 file in the continue data file (not the one from the control group, the other one) and inject it back in
7. I delete the continue data in the 360 formatted P.H.D. and put the modded continue data into my P.H.D
now step 8 is where I seems to have the problem; Step 8. rehash and resign the continue data in my P.H.D (because the tutorial I got this from said to do it), and im done

after I transfer the modded continue data in place of the regular continue data, I startup bayonetta, and every time, it says "continue data corrupted", or some other bull****

I honestly don't know what im doing wrong, but the tutorial said to use XeAlgo to rehash and resign the bayonetta file, and it keeps on crashing when I open it, so I deleted XeAlgo because I got annoyed, and instead used modio's rehash and resign option; if you want to see what files I use to mod my bayonetta save, then here's a dropbox link to it http://db.tt/H2w35mL

...............just a thought, what would happen if I DIDN'T rehash and resign my bayonetta modded continue data, would that increase my chances of getting caught on xbox live and get banned........even though I messed up my age when I was signing up for xbox live and put that I was one year older than I am now, then after I finished signing up, and saw the finial irreversible details, I went "OH ****" (which was when I was 17, but now im 18, gonna turn 19 next month............ :D )
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"

WTB360LABTOP

Post by WTB360LABTOP » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:06 pm

I was told modio automatically rehashed and resigned, so I never did. Maybe it was wrong and I was just really lucky :shock: