General Keyboard/Computer Problems

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp
Re: General Keyboard/Computer Problems

Post by bicostp » Sat May 14, 2011 10:54 am

Try another card, or format the one you have using your PC and a card reader. Remember to back up its contents first. No matter how tempting it may be to do a 'quick' format, don't. The card may or may not be bad, so you want the computer to do a more thorough job of checking it than simply writing a blank file allocation table.

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99

Post by resecnded x » Sat May 14, 2011 3:44 pm

bicostp wrote:Try another card, or format the one you have using your PC and a card reader. Remember to back up its contents first. No matter how tempting it may be to do a 'quick' format, don't. The card may or may not be bad, so you want the computer to do a more thorough job of checking it than simply writing a blank file allocation table.
don't have the money for another card, and I can't find any software that can help fix this; does anyone know of some program that can fix this problem?
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat May 14, 2011 5:18 pm

You don't need any special software to format the card. Insert the card into a USB card reader, copy all your pictures to a folder on the desktop, right click the card in My Computer, click "Format", make sure it's FAT32 and the "quick format" box is un-checked, and click OK.

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Sat May 14, 2011 9:33 pm

never mind, I decided my parents camera is a lost cause, so I gave up on it, and killed/broke the memory card for it

there might be replacements sold online, but apparently, they aren't manufactured anymore because of massive errors

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Tue May 17, 2011 12:23 am

this one isn't much of an "immediately need help problem", but once in a while, when I check out my dropbox folder (dropbox is DAMN good useful btw) different icons take over the folder temporarly, and at first, it was a spider, but then, the dmc4 icon (the one with nero) popped up instantly

anyway dropbox MIGHT end up fixing this problem?

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Thu May 19, 2011 2:14 pm

got another problem; I have a few programs that McAfee deems trusted (because I marked them as so), but this one program of mine, which is a trainer for DevilMayCry 4 for PC (non-steam version) for the DirectX9 version of the game, it keeps on getting quarantined, and every time I try to restore it, McAfee keeps on re-quarantining it

is there a way to put it on my trusted list, because no matter what, even if McAfee lists it as a trojan, I had similar and VERY trusted programs installed on my computer, and after a while, had McAfee list it as a trojan/spyware/etc.... but in reality, hasn't screwed up my computer in the SLIGHTEST..............so yeah, anyway to fix this problem?

UPDATE: I contacted McAfee support on live chat, and im running their "stinger" application because they say its a FakeAlert virus.....thing, and im hoping that when the FakeAlert virus is done and killed, that I can de-quarantine my app in peace

resecnded x

Post by resecnded x » Tue May 31, 2011 4:03 am

got another problem, I got ShadowExplorer and I seem to be having a glitch/problem with it

I got a LOT of dates that I can go back in to retrieve past/old deleted files, and I want to get rid of most old ones; this USED to be possible with my 2009 (I think) version of McAfee whose quickclean option was at its prime and got rid of those points in time, but it didn't work since it update to its 2011 version

also, I tried turning off the system restore to my C: drive and it didn't work, used CCleaner (didn't work), used disk cleanup (didn't work), tried uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller Pro (registered version) and reinstalling it (didn't work)