got new keyboard and mouse | need help

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99
got new keyboard and mouse | need help

Post by resecnded x » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:24 pm

my keyboard is a Microsoft wireless control keyboard 4000 and my mouse is a Microsoft wireless laser mouse 5000

im trying to get the wheel button to be able to work like my old mouse did (ex: by opening a new tab in Firefox or something like that)

and i got these keyboard pieces that apparently have a second function, and i would like some help on how to use them (under the c key, it shows the word copy, but it has a symbol next to it)

please reply whenever or soon...........preferably soon
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: got new keyboard and mouse | need help

Post by bicostp » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Check the button mapping settings in the Mouse control panel. Your old one was simply middle-click.

As for the symbol, I'd have to see it but it probably just means "hold control and it does this in every application", essentially a visual reference for people who "aren't good with computers" and don't know that despite working with them for 25 years.

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99

Re: got new keyboard and mouse | need help

Post by resecnded x » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:02 am

bicostp wrote:Check the button mapping settings in the Mouse control panel. Your old one was simply middle-click.

As for the symbol, I'd have to see it but it probably just means "hold control and it does this in every application", essentially a visual reference for people who "aren't good with computers" and don't know that despite working with them for 25 years.
thanks; after a while, I did some looking and I fixed it
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"