G-13

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

l0g1c_f41ls
G-13

Post by l0g1c_f41ls » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Hello, I am new to this forum and I've seen some pretty impressive stuff on here. So I decided to ask you guys a question about the G-13. I'm not Tech savvy with soldering and knowing how things exactly works but I was wondering how I could pin each key out from the controller its self

I know its ribbon controlled but not sure how it figure's out each key stroke individually. If you need more pics I can take it with a better camera. Or if you would like to get one to tinker with for yourself you can find cheap ones on http://www.cowboom.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When all else fails, Pull out the hand grenade.

l0g1c_f41ls

Re: G-13

Post by l0g1c_f41ls » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:38 am

now to clarify i would like to know how to pin out each key so i can hook it up to a button in the last picture
if there were 26 lines i would know but their are a number on the same line so i'm a little confused on how to do it.
When all else fails, Pull out the hand grenade.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: G-13

Post by bicostp » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:19 pm

Welcome!

That looks like it's made like a regular keyboard, so each button connects a different pair of pins together. I forget if keyboard controllers judge which buttons are pushed by shorting different pins directly, of if they only register with a resistance load.

If you have a multimeter you should be able to figure out which pairs produce which characters. I don't believe there's a set standard for keyboard controllers.