If the shoe don't fit, what do I do?

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

Bdawg
If the shoe don't fit, what do I do?

Post by Bdawg » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:46 am

Hey guys. I recently acquired a laptop from a friend of mine, but the battery is missing. It runs fine when its connected to the charger, but this takes away from the concept of having a laptop;mobility. I have a broken laptop(water-damage), with a working battery but unfortunately its the wrong size. Is there a way to somehow connect the battery pins to my new laptop? I don't think I can solder directly onto the gold connectors, but I have a general idea of what I can do. Things don't always translate from theory to practical, which is why I'm posting this here. :|

Heres what I've got so far:

1. Drill holes into the plastic on either side of the gold connecter. (Not sure if this is a great idea, considering this is a battery :roll: )
2. Drill a small hole into two small pieces of metal, and feed a wire through it.
3. Screw two small rectangular pieces of metal into the holes; Essentially 'clamping' the wire onto the gold connectors.

I don't think it'll have much mechanical strength, but in theory is should work right?

gamax92

Re: If the shoe don't fit, what do I do?

Post by gamax92 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:11 am

What is your labtop(missing battery). and what is the battery.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

Bdawg

Post by Bdawg » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:19 pm

My 'new' laptop is a Campaq Presario V6000 and my old Laptop is some sort of ASUS type. I don't remember the model, and can't turn it on to check. The rating on the battery is +11.1V, 4400mAh, 48Wh.

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:44 pm

could it be this
http://www.camera-battery.net/laptop-ba ... -qc-11.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.battery-of-laptop.com/one_di ... pr_id=1552" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

Bdawg

Post by Bdawg » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Thanks for looking that up for me, but I'm not after a replacement battery. I'm asking if I can somehow connect the two connectors with clamps or something.

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:03 pm

no no no :facepalm:
if i knew what battery the asus one was i could figure out if it would work.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

Bdawg

Post by Bdawg » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Alright, I'll find out the exact model later.
The empty spot on my Compaq says 'INPUT: 18.5DCV, 3.5A' if thats of any help.

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:12 pm

The amperage is way off. and that battery would only give you 61 percent.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC