ebox 2300 boot problems

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

Squidlekins
ebox 2300 boot problems

Post by Squidlekins » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:28 am

I have an ebox 2300 mini pc. This PC will not boot. when I turn it on it tells me: Boot Failure, Reboot and Select proper Boot device, or insert Boot media in selected boot device, Press any key when ready.
when I press any key it just repeats the same information. and when I reboot it just does it all over again. It came with CF card but when I put that in there it says disk error. and I have no other way to access whatever is on the CF card.
So next I tried to install a version of pendrive linux. but the computer doesn't even register that there's a USB drive inserted. SO... any ideas on what I can do to fix this?
The best Screen name is one that has no Google matches

tom61

Re: ebox 2300 boot problems

Post by tom61 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:30 pm

Try going into the BIOS and setting the USB thumbdrive to be the first boot device. Failing that, CF card readers are pretty cheap.

Squidlekins

Post by Squidlekins » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:22 pm

ok, well how do I 'go into the BIOS'? I know what the bios is and everything I just don't know how to get there. When I turn this thing on it doesn't have the helpful 'press F2 to get to the bios' option it just says that there was some nasty error.
The best Screen name is one that has no Google matches

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Google the manual. :o
I was nice and googled it for you, it said to press "delete" to get to the bios. If I'm too lazy to find a manual, I just run my finger across all the F keys and delete and hope it works. 8)