mini multi platform system log.

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

themadhacker
mini multi platform system log.

Post by themadhacker » Tue May 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Ok, I got pissed that my snesp was having problems so last week I started a side project. I had a lot of those plug 'n play systems and a hipgear screen, so I decided to make a mini multi platform system. Now, Bacteria had a lot of great ideas with his mini multi system, but there was one thing that bugged me. The making of game carts for his involved the destroying of gameboy games. So I was looking around my room for something I could use for a cart slot, and I found a female parallel port from an old PC. I also had several male ports lying around, so I decided to use the female port for slot and the male ports as the cartridges. The plus side of this is that you can buy more male ports from just about any radio shack, and you aren't ruining GB cartridges. In any case, enought with the talk, on with the pics!

The front of the portable. That circle you see marked with a sharpie is where a pot will go.

the top of it with the female parallel port and a nice shiny toggle switch.

That's all for now. Oh, and before anybody mentions it, I know this forum is for developing software, but as there are no forums for multi platform systems, I thought I would post the developement of my portable in the development center.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

MegatronUK

Re: mini multi platform system log.

Post by MegatronUK » Wed May 13, 2009 7:55 am

Y'know what that reminds me of? this...
I bet you could even turn one of those into a portable too, they're big enough to fit a small screen below the controls.

Looks good!

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Wed May 13, 2009 12:55 pm

hey, it does look a bit like a Jag controller. Oh, and there was a portable jagaur made by Ben.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Since this was bumped, did you ever finish this project?