Project LASER Beta Application Thread! (APPLY HERE/PM ONLY)

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king
Project LASER Beta Application Thread! (APPLY HERE/PM ONLY)

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:25 am

Project LASER Beta Application Form:

If you do not know what Project Laser is, go here: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=27614

Please note that:
1) By posting this application does NOT guarantee acceptance into our beta test.
2) Each application will be reviewed by me (Hotdog-cart) and maybe some of the other team leaders.
3) Beta testers are expected to test the game, and find bugs and report them to developers to be fixed.
4) By posting this application you agree to have read the aforementioned terms and rules.
5) Also by posting you agree that if you get accepted, you will not distribute, copy, edit, or release info
about this game that is not already known to the public without permission to do so.

****YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PROGAMMING LANGUAGES TO BETA TEST. FIXING THE BUGS IS UP TO THE PROGRAMMERS. BETA TESTERS ARE HERE TO TEST THE GAME, LOOK FOR BUGS, AND TRY WEIRD THINGS IN THE GAME TO TRY TO MAKE A BUG APPEAR. AFTER THAT, JUST WRITE A SMALL REPORT ON HOW TO ENCOUNTER THE BUG.****

Full Name:

Available time to dedicate to project (How many days/hours per week, etc):

Previous Beta Experience:

Why we should select you:

Other:
Last edited by HotDog-Cart on Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:20 am

Look out, guys, pedo-cart wants your full name and age posted publicly on the internetz! Oh noes! :D

Other than that, looking good.

Excellent

DK

Post by DK » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:14 am

Good point, why do you need our names? Surely our username is enogh to be able to contact us.

Name: DK ( :P ) aka James K Nixon

Free time: Could easily spend a couple of hours a week for as long as needed.

Previous Experiance: None so to speak, but I know the basics from a guy I use to know who worked for Sony and beta'ed GOW for the PSP. Lucky sod :evil:

Why: Been here for a few years so i'm quite commited to the site and thinka BenHeck based game sounds a laugh.

Other: I dibs it :lol:
Last edited by DK on Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:50 pm

Legally, if I need you guys to sign a virtual Non-Disclosure Agreement, I'll need your name. That is why I ask before hand. If your not comfortable with posting it, I'll ask you if/when I need you guys to sign the agreement.
I doubt there will be any need to sign anything, but it could arise in the future.

Also, this thread is about applying only. Not about discussing other things. (Palmertech, dont post here unless you want to apply. :) )

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:42 pm

Don't post your information for all to see. PM it to HDC if you want, there's no reason for everybody (including visitors) to see it.
Last edited by bicostp on Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

5M05H13

Post by 5M05H13 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:38 pm

Full Name: Joshua Wadwell

Available time to dedicate to project (How many days/hours per week, etc):
At least 4 days and 15-20 Hrs a week

Previous Beta Experience:
No actual experience in beta testing.

Why we should select you:
I could dedicate a lot of time into this project and i think its an awesome idea.

Other:
Well done on getting this all together so fast and good luck with the project anyway
My PCs Specs:
AMD 4800+ (2.5Ghz Dual Core)
2GB RAM (2x1GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT (512MB)
320GB of Storage (1x160GB. 2x80GB)
LG DVD Burner
860W PSU
LG 19" Widescreen DVI and VGA LCD Monitor (1440x900)
Logitech X530 5.1 Sound System

Mario

Re: Project LASER Beta Application Thread! (APPLY HERE ONLY!

Post by Mario » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:18 pm

Full Name: Christopher D.

Available time to dedicate to project (How many days/hours per week, etc): 2-3 hours a day

Previous Beta Experience: Testing? None. But I like looking all over games and finding out what happens when I do X thing.

Why we should select you: I have plenty of time to spend on this, and could help with find and submitting bugs.

Other: I am an honest person who wants to contribute to a cool forum project.
Last edited by Mario on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Cebhrem

Post by Ben Cebhrem » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Full Name: Withheld from the public for now

Available time to dedicate to project (How many days/hours per week, etc): depends; as much as 20 hours a week

Previous Beta Experience: None at all

Why we should select you: You probably shouldn't. I'd treat it as professionally as I do anything else however.

Other: Haven't a clue how to program anything beyond the most basic of BASIC. Bug wise, I'm a poor choice, I'd be better I think as a feedback kind of guy (though of course, I'd try darned hard to find bugs, and replicate them if I could).

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:24 pm

Its not programming and such. Ben, you are just here to help test play the game. You know, play the game, look for bugs, try everything in the game to make sure it works. Try to make a bug appear by doing something weird in the game. No program langauge needed.

Ben Cebhrem

Post by Ben Cebhrem » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:46 pm

Sweet. The only other Beta testing I had done (which I don't count, as it was an open Beta, and I hardly did anything other than be confused at the controls), required some re-finagling of code, and hence familiarity with code. That didn't stop me from *trying* and getting very frustrated at some very poor code however...

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Re: Project LASER Beta Application Thread! (APPLY HERE/PM ON

Post by Black Six » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:35 am

Eh, what the heck.

Full Name: Andrew B.

Available time to dedicate to project (How many days/hours per week, etc): Depends on how much time I'm spending writing code, but I'd guess about 8 hours a week or so.

Previous Beta Experience: Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, World of Warcraft, Everquest (Mac), Guild Wars, the second Splinter Cell, Lord of the Rings Online, Halo 3

Why we should select you: I have experience, I've been around for a while, and hopefully I'll be helping to write code.

Other: Nothing.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

Aguiluz

Re: Project LASER Beta Application Thread! (APPLY HERE/PM ON

Post by Aguiluz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:16 pm

Full Name: *undisclosed* (Do I need to? :? Privacy reasons here...)

Available time to dedicate to project (How many days/hours per week, etc): 2-4 hours on weekends, add a few minutes during schooldays.

Previous Beta Experience: Absolutely nothing!

Why we should select you: I want to take part in this forum project and will help in any way. I'm also a fan of "The Adventurous" and it's prequel "Adventure!"

Other: I can also modify my voice to "copy off" characters from Red Alert 2.

mmoshkowich
PSN Username:mikedacat

Post by mmoshkowich » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Full Name: Michael M.

Available time to dedicate to project (How many days/hours per week, etc): As much as needed

Previous Beta Experience: Playstation Home

Why we should select you: Even though I'm new to the forums I have a love of videogames since I was 6 and I love all of Ben's movies and this seems like it would be interesting to play.

Other: Nothing.

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:57 am

Full Name: Joseph Brown AKA Joe Brown AKA Joes2silly AKA
Buttermilk Jones

Available time to dedicate to project (How many days/hours per week, etc)
: 12-14 hours a week

Previous Beta Experience: none

Why we should select you
: I know what I am talking about and I enjoy being a part of these projects.

Other
: I have a 3.0 Ghz Pentium D, 2x OCZ 2GB RAM sticks, 550 watt PSU, and a 6600 GT

official xbox fiend

DJ711
Location:Deep in the garage trying so very hard not to fry my N64. Oh! Also NY

Post by DJ711 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:38 pm

Full Name: Witheld for now

Available time to dedicate to project (How many days/hours per week,etc):as much as needed
Previous Beta Experience: I've only done two open betas so none I guess

Why we should select you: I would love to be part of this and it seems like a great idea and a great game and I'd look as hard as humanly possible to find bugs
Other: I would love to be part of this idea.
I haven't been here in awhile, and looking back it's one of the worst ideas I ever had. I'm back and I'll be here for awhile, I was quite active 1 year ago and I hope to become that again.