Perl Compilation Problems

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

Mario
Perl Compilation Problems

Post by Mario » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:21 pm

I need to compile a Perl program and was wondering if anybody had a Perl compiler that can be run on an older computer. Or, if they could compile the program for me.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Re: Perl Compilation Problems

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:14 am

Mario wrote:I need to compile a Perl program and was wondering if anybody had a Perl compiler that can be run on an older computer. Or, if they could compile the program for me.
Pearl is a scripting language, you don't compile it. If you have the program you coded perl up in you run it in there, much in the way you'd do with BASIC or bash. If you need to get an interpreter, a simple google search should work.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Mario

Re: Perl Compilation Problems

Post by Mario » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:23 pm

Sparkfist wrote:
Mario wrote:I need to compile a Perl program and was wondering if anybody had a Perl compiler that can be run on an older computer. Or, if they could compile the program for me.
Pearl is a scripting language, you don't compile it. If you have the program you coded perl up in you run it in there, much in the way you'd do with BASIC or bash. If you need to get an interpreter, a simple google search should work.
So, I would search google for "Perl Interpreter"?

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:55 pm

http://www.perl.com/download.csp#win32

Download this, it should be what you need. After installation, when it starts up you should come to a prompt. At the prompt you should be able to enter commands, strings or begin writing a whole program.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Mario

Post by Mario » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:00 am

Thanks, that works great!