Mini-game ideas

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:20 am

I have an idea! Buy as much Ataris as you can in <insert number of seconds, minutes or hours here>!

We all know how much Ben loves Atari. Or does he? :D

We could make these things rare or something!

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:23 am

marshallh wrote:These are good ideas, but what I really need is someone with a creative mind who can make game designs from these ideas (like sketches and descriptions.)
Give me a good enough description, and I can pretty much scribble anything down for anyone! :wink:

There could also be an item hunt game, where you have scrounge thru a pile of junk to find the right part in x amount of time!
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Rototiller

Post by Rototiller » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:07 am

Delete the stupid "make mi a n64p with a toaster 4 a screen for $6" emails. The SMart people will love it, the retards will keep sending them.
Last edited by Rototiller on Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what sig? i don't see anything...

peedekk

Post by peedekk » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:48 pm

it needs more violence, like the player is confronted with a gang of thugs that want him to make them an xbox 360 laptop each. The player, armed with only a butane powered soldering iron and an x-acto knife has to fight through them to reclaim his freedom!

or something like that

Noobitizer

Post by Noobitizer » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:30 pm

you could make one where you have to use the joystick to move your soldering iron and you have to solder certain parts together to make your portable in a certain amount of time. the more you do this the harder it gets and more soldering you have to do. that ratchet and clank 2 is awesome and the one for psp is cool to

bambi

Post by bambi » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:54 pm

I agree with dragon a qix style game for case building sounds good
Searching the couch for change...

limpport

Post by limpport » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:13 pm

What about some Mini-Games that would come out of Ben's movies? Like shooting-a-hole-in-the-gas-can, or getting the extra bit of film onto the movie reel.

typamc95

Post by typamc95 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:59 pm

Rythm based soldering game?
A game where you spin the analog stick to screw in stuff.
Video game history\Technology quiz to act as the forum.
Um.... Word scramble with words relating to Portables.
Arcade games like pong, break-out, Ect.

Ness

Post by Ness » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:28 pm

Why not make the game with a kind of RPG style element in it? Example, you have World of Warcraft. One thing you can do as an enchanter is disenchant and get items from something complete. Have that as part of the overall game. You enter competitions, make items by working and buy parts to make something cool. If you win, you get a tv for example and you can choose to break apart the tv for more items to make something else later on for winning more competitions or whatever?

Use this idea kinda as a main idea to go with the mini-games. Add a store to buy electronic components or even have a (fake) online store to order parts and you must wait certain amount of time (RL) before that part arrives and then you can get it to build whatever else.
Future WIP - X360L