Mini-game ideas

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh
Mini-game ideas

Post by marshallh » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:38 pm

Since the game will now be a collection of mini-games...

You need to design the minigames!

Make sure you put some thought into your design, and make sure it's actually possible on the N64. Of course, it's best if it relates to portable-building.

Examples:
- glueing down parts
- making cases
- soldering

Of course, YOU have to think of how these can be fun to play as a minigame.

Post your ideas here!

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:17 pm

How about a pump-action soldering iron, where you need to pump it for some unknown reason to keep it hot.

As for making cases, it isn't fun. Ever.

But if I had to fake it I'd rip off the mario party game where you must trace your guy the best over the design.
Hey, sup?

marshallh

Post by marshallh » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:59 pm

Keep them coming.

I'd like some details about the minigames - I can't make ideas appear out of thin air.

If interest in minigames/GTP is too low then I'll probably just quit this project.

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:15 pm

hmm...sniping/buying cheap parts! :P

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:14 pm

selling the portables, too fund new portables-haggle minigame

the soldering mini games could be like what they do in football games for the kick, guss at the center for 2 axies? (better irons would have larger "Sweet spots")
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

johnbjuice

Post by johnbjuice » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:31 pm

There should be one where you have to try and eat as quickly as you can so you have more time to build portables!!! Yeah!

Or you could just make one where you ground yourself with as many things as possible to get all the static off you body.

Or looking for a part under your piles of crap in a short amount of time.

I know! One thats like that game w/ a knife where you like tap it between your fingers, except with a soldering iron!!! (Ouch if you mess up... :? )

joevennix
Portablizer

Post by joevennix » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:05 pm

A Dope Wars-style game where you buy and sell video games and systems would be pretty cool, addicting too.

Gump-in-space

Post by Gump-in-space » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:25 am

A game where you use a portable's backlit screen to search a cave for giant rats!
Gamelver wrote:aw, I thought they were gonna be Gameboys inside the bricks :P.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:48 pm

Spot the short in the circuit? :P

So are these going to be MicroGames like WarioWare? Or just minigames, like say - Mario Party?

Rellizate

Post by Rellizate » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:33 pm

How about a game where you have to trace around the design as close as possible. Or where you have to hit the "sweet spot" like someone said previously. Those are both cool ideas.

dragon

Post by dragon » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:43 pm

What about for makeing a case you have to keep makeing small square untill you reveial a picture of the case. the less squares you use to reveial the picture the better the case. and as you draw the squares you have to avoid geting hit by things like a broken blade our things like that.

marshallh

Post by marshallh » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:04 pm

These are good ideas, but what I really need is someone with a creative mind who can make game designs from these ideas (like sketches and descriptions.)

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:57 pm

If you really don't want to continue with GTP, maybe you could make a game for DS. Someone posted a photoshopped DS box for a Bob Ross game here a while ago...
Or maybe a PC game (maybe even GTP for PC) so that people can actually help you, instead of you telling us about coding for the N64 and us just pretending like we understand. :wink:

Chwoka

Post by Chwoka » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:15 pm

Case Minigame:

Depending on what system, you are given a minimum size and a pair of two hands to adjust and put on the handheld. If the hands have too much strain on them or can't fit their hands on it, the case fails. Also, you have to fit a cartridge, screen, all buttons of that system on the case. Then you get to color everything, put on some brushed alluminium (sp?), etc.

Also, with every few portables you learn "Trade Secrets" or stuff like that that help you, like you gain the ability to use Bondo, or you can make foldable handhelds, or you''ve learned a secret to half your handheld size. Also, you get more experience (towards Trade Secrets) for harder consoles.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:02 am

just take the idea from the soldering game for the ds that ben wishes existed. or if anyone has played rathet and clank 2 i dunno what its actually called but theres a game where you have a bunch of connections and by pressing a button someof them connect and some disconnect and their are a lot of little electrons? i suppose flowing through and you need to make sure they all manage to flow through at least once. i dunno how to describe it if someone knows what im talking about describe it
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).