GTP will be recoded for the Nintendo 64!

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:08 pm

YES! It will be on a real cart! How much will you sell them for?
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:10 pm

I agree with Daguuy the dreamcast woulb propably be ezier. I do like you n64 idea though. :wink:
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:08 pm

I never said a word about putting it on a real cart. As far as I am concerned, it's impossible at this point in time.
iam7805, I think you missed the point - I am releasing the N64 rom. That is it. That means you could probably run it on a N64 emulator for the PSP. But I can't code it for the PSP natively, because I don't have the tools.
The N64 game will probably not require the expansion pak (because a lot of people don't have it) and won't use the rumble pak. (My library doesn't have the functions.)
Most likely, it won't support the controller pak either. But I do hope to get that figured out.

The main hurdle right now is sound. Yes, you probably have no idea how confusing it is just to play sound on the N64. You can either blast raw PCM waveforms through the AI regs, but it requires CPU time. Or, if you have the soudn SDK, you can have the RCP handle all the grunt work. Most emulators don't work with the first (N64 emulators are horribly inaccurate.)

I've found someone who has leads on a copy of the n_audio SDK which may help this to get going.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:28 pm

When will the game be released? can I beta test it for you?

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P