MGC 2010 HYPE thread

Moderator:Moderators

weaponepsilon
Re: MGC 2010 HYPE thread

Post by weaponepsilon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:33 am

That was off of Highway 13 by County Road 11. Car accidents and pedestrians being struck by cars. Plus that supposed gang war went off across the street. The bodies turning up randomly in the area. There were police sex stings rounding up unhealthy loads of people at the nearby parks. Burncliff, Ravenwood, a complex building, and The Woods apartment buildings were catching on fire. Random vehicles were being broken into, including the ones next to mine. A local girl killed her newborn and threw it body a garbage chute in my complex.....

Yeah...

Belle Plaine all the way man.
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Yowza! That's feirce! It's a wonder how you stayed as long as you did with such horrible things going on!
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:09 am

I know. It was way too long. Its not a problem if your a pissed off looking metal head with a literal axe to grind. It became an issue when my daughter started wanting to go outside and stuff.
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:48 pm

weaponepsilon wrote:That was off of Highway 13 by County Road 11. Car accidents and pedestrians being struck by cars. Plus that supposed gang war went off across the street. The bodies turning up randomly in the area. There were police sex stings rounding up unhealthy loads of people at the nearby parks. Burncliff, Ravenwood, a complex building, and The Woods apartment buildings were catching on fire. Random vehicles were being broken into, including the ones next to mine. A local girl killed her newborn and threw it body a garbage chute in my complex.....

Yeah...

Belle Plaine all the way man.
Good god! Remind me not to vacation there...

I'm glad you and your family managed to make it out unscathed. :)

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:49 am

Thats a suburb of the Twin Cities. It didn't used to be that way...
Trade thread!

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:11 am

weaponepsilon wrote:Thats a suburb of the Twin Cities. It didn't used to be that way...
Yeah and Detroit used to be a beautiful and lovely place to visit. This kind of stuff happens, just gotta try and keep on moving cause it's not always good to let this kind of thing get you down. That and you can always visit these places, just be sure to dress in a manner that says, "You don't know what I might be hiding so your best to not approch." lol.

Believe me I asked Sponge to change where I was from for this year's MGC to my home town, cause I know Detroit would have at least worried a few people. After all things like the fact we have all that crap that you're talking about going on and then some political and city management corruption scandles going on. It's a big mess that would be best to avoid in conversation.

But anyways, enough about bad neighborhoods. We need to get back on topic.

And I for one will be requesting highly caffeinated beverages be available, we don't need me passing out on the bed Saturday night while everyone else is playing Rock Band. As well I'm going to see if I can plan to be there Friday next year. You guys seem to have the most fun that day.

-Sparfist
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Sheraton room rates are on sale $89/night for that weekend

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:28 pm

How many people do they allow in each room? I would be fine sleeping on the floor if I only had to pay $15-20 a night.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:03 pm

Technically, I don't think they're supposed to allow more than a handful to stay in a room each night, but we haven't had any problems in the past with having a dozen peeps crashing before.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:06 am

Midwest Gaming Classic's site says there is a indoor pool at the hotel.

Benheck pool party perhaps?

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:53 am

Yeah, it seems like the they're pretty lenient at the old hotel (Ramada Limited, Waukesha, WI) for the number of people, or at least it's pretty easy to conceal that fact, so I think we'd be best off sticking with this one. I'm sure that the pool is open again by now, or will be by then. Plus, when they remodeled, it was pretty good.

Best of all, it's only 5 miles away from the new venue, rather than 15 from the old one. For new prospective stayers, the cost is generally around $35 for both nights per person. If you sleep at all, you might end up on the floor, but the fun is well worth it.

Edit: Just thought I'd let y'all know, I just reserved a suite at the Ramada. I don't want someone else to take it from under us, and I can cancel if needed. I'm not going to take reservations until sometime in January, though, since I'm still studying in Spain and have a lot going on.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:48 pm

$89 a night at the Sheraton is a good deal. I don't think the Olympia was that cheap.

Should be a good time... I think we need to discuss some stuff about the booth ahead of time, stuff to do differently... One big one is we should advertise in advance that people can bring stuff to us to get modded, simple stuff or fixes that can be done at the show.

Other ideas:
  • Modding contest / soldering contest
    Bill Paxton Pinball high score contest
    Live podcast (Jones is coming this time AFAIK)
    More circuit boards / bigger mess than last time, if possible
    LESS tables

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:50 pm

a bigger area would be GREAT, we had a lot of attention this year but the way it was set up it wound up being kinda hugely bottlenecked by stuff to either side of us and in front so we were shoved in a corner

thewizdawg

Post by thewizdawg » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:01 am

In the museum part next to the BHE they had a showcase with handhelds. Maybe BHE can secure some space in there for forum members to showcase their works of art.

A high score contest on BPP would be great.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:42 am

benheck wrote:More circuit boards / bigger mess than last time, if possible
How often do you get to say something like that? :lol:
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.