MGC 2010 HYPE thread

Moderator:Moderators

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp
Re: MGC 2010 HYPE thread

Post by Rekarp » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:34 pm

jones wrote:I'm kind of hoping they move it back to the Olympia next year. The different areas were spread out all over the hotel, but the areas themselves were quite cramped. The vendor hall was especially cramped with the pinball area ranking a close second.
Grow the beard back. I demand it.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

martyg

Post by martyg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:26 am

jones wrote:I'm kind of hoping they move it back to the Olympia next year. The different areas were spread out all over the hotel, but the areas themselves were quite cramped. The vendor hall was especially cramped with the pinball area ranking a close second.
We moved from the Olympia precisely so we could get more space, and therefore add more events and increase the space of the ones we already had. The show took up 2x more space this year than last, there's no going back to the Olympia. If it seemed more cramped in spots, it's because we had even more people than last year. The vending hall was roughly the same size as last year, just shaped differently.
Marty
Midwest Gaming Classic
Co-Organizer, Museum Curator
http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com

ClassicGaming.Com

Atari Gaming Headquarters
http://www.atarihq.com

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:59 pm

martyg wrote:
We moved from the Olympia precisely so we could get more space, and therefore add more events and increase the space of the ones we already had. The show took up 2x more space this year than last, there's no going back to the Olympia. If it seemed more cramped in spots, it's because we had even more people than last year. The vending hall was roughly the same size as last year, just shaped differently.
Fair enough, but it was still cramped. Oftentimes it felt like being in the midst of the throng at the mall during the day after Thanksgiving rush. That's the nature of the beast when attendance keeps increasing though. Overall it was a great show, but I'm glad I'm not claustrophobic. :)
Rekarp wrote:
Ha! I'll see what I can do.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:30 pm

Rekarp wrote:
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.