MGC 2010 HYPE thread

Moderator:Moderators

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: MGC 2010 HYPE thread

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:49 pm

Not often, and boy howdy, I'm in on that action! Should I bring a wood chipper,and toss old console remains into it for all to enjoy? :lol:

But yeah, I really hope we get to do that soldering/modding contest. We were supposed to do something along those lines last year, but we failed to coordinate that :oops:

Perhaps we should elect someone to kinda command the schedual this year to make sure we get to do all those cool things?
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Biased

Post by Biased » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:06 am

Metallica Man X wrote:Should I bring a wood chipper,and toss old console remains into it for all to enjoy? :lol:
You should get a segment on the showfloor for the benheck section called "Will it Chip?"

Also, would there be any interest (and a feasible way to do it, I just got the idea) to set up a silent auction of portables/various gaming mods done by the forum members to benefit a specific charity? I don't know if it's been done before, but maybe it should.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:02 am

Should have some more details and an official announcement from Dan Loosen soon.

Some highlights:

We get out own room this time
We can have after parties in it (21 and over)
We can sell things, and or do simple mods/fixes for money

Main thing is he'd like as many pre-orders from forum members to help make this happen. So get in there!

More info to come...

-Ben

Biased

Post by Biased » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:54 pm

benheck wrote:We can have after parties in it (21 and over)
Sad face. I'm only going to be 20.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:11 pm

Biased wrote:
benheck wrote:We can have after parties in it (21 and over)
Sad face. I'm only going to be 20.
And I'll be 19.

Just means that us under-21-ers will have to throw our own alcohol-free after party (milk, perhaps?). :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

joeyjoe9876

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:28 pm

i wish i could go, but living here on the East coast makes it a problem for me hmm.. time to start saving up money!
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Ben, you're making this so tempting! I love after parties! I may have to seriously consider this over PAX East now...
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

joeyjoe9876

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:37 pm

i know right? i'm just asking for tickets and a plane ticket for Christmas :lol: already looked into flights and its like 430$ for two people but thats cheaper than the 1000$ thats normally spent so i don't see why my mom wouldn't mind :P
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:00 pm

benheck wrote:We get out own room this time
We can have after parties in it (21 and over)
We can sell things, and or do simple mods/fixes for money
Sounds like a recipe for awesomeness! Gloria and I had so much fun last time - we really want to make the trip again. We'll have a better idea of whether we can afford to go or not by January.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:55 am

joeyjoe9876 wrote:i know right? i'm just asking for tickets and a plane ticket for Christmas :lol: already looked into flights and its like 430$ for two people but thats cheaper than the 1000$ thats normally spent so i don't see why my mom wouldn't mind :P
$215/person RT? That's actually really good!
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:19 am

Since we have more room maybe we can do something like a live portable in assembly line style where we all do a little bit of work on it, and when its done auction it to a charity or something.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:22 am

wallydawg wrote:Since we have more room maybe we can do something like a live portable in assembly line style where we all do a little bit of work on it, and when its done auction it to a charity or something.
Sounds like a idea to me.

Maybe we can auction it off. And give the proceeds to Child's Play. http://www.childsplaycharity.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:59 pm

I will bring damn near ALL of my portable parts, materials, projects and everything to sell to fellow portabalizers and other interested parties. After the better part of 5 years worth of failed projects its time to ditch all this stuff and start over new! Ill still stick around the forums but dont expect any new portables from me probably ever. I might be good at case building and design but thats where it ends!

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:14 pm

I have a GN Twin I got this year I'll bring for making into a portable, as well a PSOne screen. I see what other materials I have, namely batteries, some of the other consoles, and if there's anything worth it, I have one more PSOne screen I could use.

Are we going to have Marshallh's gas powered soldering iron, or just use a regular old electric? One other thing with the modding in the room, just in case I don't remember/attend/have someone bring wire cutters with strippers. We kind of need them, and dispite what Ben has said, using your teeth isn't always a good idea.

Last up-date, we might want a TV there to show off things. Like the NEOGEO consoles, Recarp's Atari A/V mod and such. I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I'm not bringing that TV with me. Too big and heavy. So if anyone has an LCD or flat-panel, let us know. Cause we'll likely need it.

-Sparkfist
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Squintus
Steam ID:tehsquint

Post by Squintus » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:23 am

I've got a monitor-sized flat screen TV that I can bring along with relatively little hassle.