MGC 2010 HYPE thread

Moderator:Moderators

SpongeBuell
Re: MGC 2010 HYPE thread

Post by SpongeBuell » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:20 pm

weaponepsilon wrote:EDIT: I may be able to go. A friend from highschool is getting married in Cali, but to get me and my wife and kid would be hideously expensive. This guy is like a brother to me, but I didn't get to go to my brothers wedding. Theres hope! I live in MN and thats like 5 hours away from the expo!
Where in MN? I'm from one of the southern Minneapolis suburbs, but go to school in Eau Claire, WI. I may be in MN on my way to the show, but will be staying in Eau Claire on my way back. If you can figure out your own way to and from EC, and can pitch in a little for gas, I'm sure I can give you a ride!
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Biased

Post by Biased » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:56 pm

I've been thinking about going but I don't know what I would do about lodging yet.

If I decide to go, I'm going to make benheck.com Forums T-shirts for the conference once I get my silk screening supplies. Would anybody else be interested?

P.S. epsilon - if I go and you want to go I can definitely pick you up on the way, and then possibly anyone else between there and WI.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:22 am

Silkscreening eh?

I wouldn't mind having a personalized benheck.com shirt....hm...now that I think about it, i actually work for a company that does embroidery work for various clothing type things (Hats, shirts, jackets, ect.)!

Perhaps I could whip up some benheck hats, in addition to those shirts of yours...

oh yeah, benheck shirt and an embroidered hat...now THAT'D be cool! 8)

The main thing would be cost...I know I can get a good discount since I'm the art guy here....but peeps would still have to pay a little bit for them tho...
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:33 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:
weaponepsilon wrote:EDIT: I may be able to go. A friend from highschool is getting married in Cali, but to get me and my wife and kid would be hideously expensive. This guy is like a brother to me, but I didn't get to go to my brothers wedding. Theres hope! I live in MN and thats like 5 hours away from the expo!
Where in MN? I'm from one of the southern Minneapolis suburbs, but go to school in Eau Claire, WI. I may be in MN on my way to the show, but will be staying in Eau Claire on my way back. If you can figure out your own way to and from EC, and can pitch in a little for gas, I'm sure I can give you a ride!

Haha! Thanks Biased and SponeBuell!

I was living in Burnsville, but I just moved to Belle Plaine. If I go, I'll most likely bring the Wife and Kid (she'll be 5 then) I don't expect anyone to tolerate that situation.
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:19 pm

Custom t-shirts?! Biased if you do that would be awesome.

Dude, please use this somewhere on it.... if Ben doesn't mind of coarse.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/ ... atari2.jpg

-Sparkfist
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Biased

Post by Biased » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:26 pm

Sparkfist wrote:Custom t-shirts?! Biased if you do that would be awesome.

Dude, please use this somewhere on it.... if Ben doesn't mind of coarse.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/ ... atari2.jpg

-Sparkfist
That would be pretty sweet. Pic saved for future reference.

Squintus
Steam ID:tehsquint

Post by Squintus » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:09 pm

A Benheck shirt would be awesome. Certainly more cultish then stickers.

Biased

Post by Biased » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 pm

Alright, if I'm going to be making a lot of shirts, I'm going to have to develop a contraption for screening multiple shirts. I already have an idea, I'll just need to get some lumber and hinges. After that all I'll need is the screen mesh and glue!

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:16 am

weaponepsilon wrote:I was living in Burnsville, but I just moved to Belle Plaine.
What? I could see the other way around, but there's nothing in Belle Plaine. Nothing! :P

Bloomington's best of all, though :P
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

Biased

Post by Biased » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:16 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:
weaponepsilon wrote:I was living in Burnsville, but I just moved to Belle Plaine.
What? I could see the other way around, but there's nothing in Belle Plaine. Nothing! :P

I'd say the Belle Plaine area is better than the area up here in the lakes area, where he says he moved form, IMHO.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:12 pm

Biased wrote:
SpongeBuell wrote:

I'd say the Belle Plaine area is better than the area up here in the lakes area, where he says he moved form, IMHO.
I don't care what you think, you're biased :P

(sorry, horrible joke, but I couldn't not do it. You understand, right?)
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

Biased

Post by Biased » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:42 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:
Biased wrote:
SpongeBuell wrote:

I don't care what you think, you're biased :P

(sorry, horrible joke, but I couldn't not do it. You understand, right?)
I lol'd

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:06 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:

Nah man. Where I was living turned to crap real fast. Apartment buildings were catching on fire in the vicinity, people were getting shot at, They turned my building into section 8 housing, people frequently got into car accidents and died right in front of me...

All the while buying a house in the area became expensive, so we moved out of suburbia into a rural community to escape all that. I spent a lot of time growing up not too far from where Biased lives and the wife is from Wisconsin.... SO we both don't mind the change. Besides, plenty of opportunities out here.
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

Biased

Post by Biased » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:51 pm

weaponepsilon wrote: I spent a lot of time growing up not too far from where Biased lives and the wife is from Wisconsin.... SO we both don't mind the change. Besides, plenty of opportunities out here.
Also, in case of zombie apocalypse, rural midwest America is good! (spoken with slavic accent).

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:55 am

weaponepsilon wrote:
SpongeBuell wrote:

Nah man. Where I was living turned to crap real fast. Apartment buildings were catching on fire in the vicinity, people were getting shot at, They turned my building into section 8 housing, people frequently got into car accidents and died right in front of me...

All the while buying a house in the area became expensive, so we moved out of suburbia into a rural community to escape all that. I spent a lot of time growing up not too far from where Biased lives and the wife is from Wisconsin.... SO we both don't mind the change. Besides, plenty of opportunities out here.
Youch! Where was that at? I guess if I really wanted to get away from that, I'd probably go to Hudson, come to think of it.
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel