Trading Post Feedback Rules !

Want to know if your potential trading partner is "A++++ would buy again" or will send you a live bobcat? Check them out here! (Please note benheck.com does not guarantee the accuracy of feedback. Proceed with caution. Here be dragons.)

Moderator:Moderators

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Trading Post Feedback Rules !

Post by hailrazer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:09 am

Welcome to the Trading Post Feedback Forum

This forum main purpose is to allow users to leave and find feedback for other members.

Please try to be fair to other members. Think about your feedback before you leave it, and try to solve problems and communicate with the buyer/seller before leaving feedback.

Also this is not a discussion forum. Only post feedback for YOUR transactions with the member. Do not respond to other members posts.

Here's how it works :

1. First do a search for an existing feedback thread. :

Searching for Existing Feedback Threads

Click the "Search" button in the top right corner of the page.

A. The Right Way -- "Search by Keywords"

Using the "Search by Keywords" box, type in the member's name. This will return results with just that member's name.

Under the "Search In Forums" section, click on the Trading Post Feedback Forum which is under "Trading Post Forum". that way you are only searching in the Trading Post Feedback Forum.

Under the "Search Within" section, click on the "Topic Titles Only" button.

Now click the "search" button and wait for the results.

B. The 'Wrong' Way -- "Filter by Member Name (optional)"

Avoid the "Filter by Member Name" box. This will only return results where the person you're looking for has started the thread themselves, which is not allowed. So someone searches this way, finds no results, and starts a new topic and that's basically how we get dupe threads here.

If you do not find a thread for a forum member :

1. Start the thread and then leave the first feedback for the member.

If you are starting a thread for a user who does not already have one, please use the members username as the title of the thread.

Correct:

JoeTrader

Incorrect:

JoeTrader's feedback thread
JoeTrader's feedback
JoeTrader is a lousy seller
etc.

Be sure to post enough information to be useful to other members.

Example :
JoeTrader

Bought a Psone Screen from JoeTrader. He shipped really fast and the screen was just as he described it. An excellent seller !!

You might also want to PM the member you are trading/buying/selling with and let them know you left feedback so they can return the favor.

And please don't start a thread for yourself. Ask someone you've dealt with to start it. :D

Dupe threads will be deleted with the information merged to the appropriate thread.

Hope this is helpful. Please pm a Mod if you need help.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Re: Trading Post Feedback Rules !

Post by bassmasta » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:45 pm

I hereby present the motion to sticky this thread.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

limpport

Post by limpport » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:54 pm

hailrazer wrote:Dupe threads will be deleted with the information merged to the appropriate thread.
So all feedback for a member will go into a singular topic, correct? Don't create a new topic if there is already one existing for that member?

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:55 pm

limpport wrote:
hailrazer wrote:Dupe threads will be deleted with the information merged to the appropriate thread.
So all feedback for a member will go into a singular topic, correct? Don't create a new topic if there is already one existing for that member?
As I understand it, you are correct.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:12 am

limpport wrote:
That is correct :)
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:51 pm

Why are there no polls in the feed back?
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:48 am

gamax92 wrote:Why are there no polls in the feed back?
Why would there be Polls. Why is it needed?
My Portable Systems:

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:40 am

instead of reading through all the negatives and positives. U could just mark a choice and leave a comment if you want.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:42 pm

gamax92 wrote:instead of reading through all the negatives and positives. U could just mark a choice and leave a comment if you want.
Hmm interesting, I never thought of that. I think it would have to be set up where you could ONLY vote if you post a comment (showing you actually did trade). That way you just can't get a bunch of positives from random "friends" or alt accounts.

Good idea gamax92 8)
My Portable Systems: