MGC 2013 thread?!?

Moderator:Moderators

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight
MGC 2013 thread?!?

Post by jdmlight » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Late for being super-early with this thread this year. Who's excited? :mrgreen:
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Re: MGC 2013 thread?!?

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm

As usual I'm looking forward to it but dont know if I'll make it.

The question is will the suite be host by Triton again, will Sponge return or will we have a new leader step up this year? I'm not going to be sleeping there but its really the coolest place to hang out away from the convention.

-Sparkfist
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:59 pm

I'll be in charge of the BHE area again & we should have the same space for the "Benheck Experience" as per previous years, sharing with NintendoAge and Dennis. We were in the BHE area all night Friday and Saturday, so the necessity of the Suite is more or less been phased out. I won't speak for Tritjohn either but I think there was a money issue last year, per rooms ordered/people who said they were coming but ultimately didn't. There is so much pre-show/afterparty events going on its definitely worth it to stay on-site at the Sheraton. That said, if you guys do decide on the suite route that is fine, just remember that you are welcome to hang out in the BHE area, at no premium cost (meaning whatever the suite worked out to last year, per person).

With so much going on at MGC and never enough time to do it, I might end up going on Thursday night.

...as some Ancient Tapatalk Theorists believe.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:18 pm

I'm there and looking forward to being on-site this year. Also, I too may be able to be there on Thursday, depending on how it lands in relation to spring break. I'll need to look that up, especially if others can do so as well.

OMGC

Edit: MGC does align nicely with Spring Break, so I may be able to pregame with anyone else able to make it Thursday.

Looking at you, Illinois Contingent. :P

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:23 am

I'm stoked as always! Super stoked at the possibility of being onsite too!

I'll definitely be there flyday thru sunday...not sure bout thursday...we'll see if I can get the day off when the time gets closer...
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:14 pm

I may or may not go, pretty much definitely won't take the leadership role again. I'm living in Denver now, but my job gives me free flights... on stand-by. Right now the flights are 94% open getting there on Friday night and if I risk taking the last flight of the night the day before I work, 100% open coming home, but there's still loooots of time for those flights to fill up.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:21 pm

The new year is here! Is there any word our room/s yet?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 pm

The only thing we really need to figure out now is how many tables we need (last year's +1 I think would be ideal) and when to hold Lorne's Seance/Electronic Exorcism. :wink:

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:36 am

The extra table would be good...if we had the room lol. I dunno if there'd be enough space, as it was a bit cramped last year (maybe it just felt cramped with the lack of that extra table?).

Anyone know what's up with our sleeping/partying quarters? ...am I going to have to get one of those face thingies to make sure I don't wind up at the wrong hotel again? :lol:

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:The extra table would be good...if we had the room lol. I dunno if there'd be enough space, as it was a bit cramped last year (maybe it just felt cramped with the lack of that extra table?).

Anyone know what's up with our sleeping/partying quarters? ...am I going to have to get one of those face thingies to make sure I don't wind up at the wrong hotel again? :lol:

I think I'm a member of Nintendo Age (who we shared a room with) so I'll post over there about room setup. I'm sure Dennis (who had the NES setups with his homebrew game) and Marshall will be in the same spots as last year so the rest of the space I'm sure we can find something to settle the needs of both parties.

And yeah, just get a "face thingy," considering the Benheck is pretty much been reduced to you and me now. Just don't use your real name or spell your last name wrong so nobody that you don't want creepin on it can find it (or spell it correctly, whichever has a lower stumble-upon factor :P)

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:28 am

Additionally, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon releases at midnight Sunday (Saturday to Sunday), so if anyone also wants to get a copy or just bum along, they are welcome.

As an aside, if I remember to log in from a PC, I'll change the MGC announcement thread from 2011 to this one. :shock:

Turknatr12
360 GamerTag:turknatr
Location:Richland Center, Wisconsin, USA, North America, Earth

Post by Turknatr12 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:45 am

HYPE!!!
"Look at you, flying through the air majestically, like an eagle piloting a blimp."
http://www.youtube.com/user/RMSJaggers?feature=guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:35 am

30-odd days to MGC

Turknatr12
360 GamerTag:turknatr
Location:Richland Center, Wisconsin, USA, North America, Earth

Post by Turknatr12 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Odd days they shall be! Sounds like the perfect time to start a project! Amirite? Making my comeback this year!
"Look at you, flying through the air majestically, like an eagle piloting a blimp."
http://www.youtube.com/user/RMSJaggers?feature=guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:25 pm

30 odd days..and still no word on if we're gonna have a place to sleep in there :lol:

Still excited either way!