Re: MGC 2013 thread?!?

Post by wallydawg » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:58 am

So who is bringing all of the Rock Band paraphernalia? :D

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:44 am

eagle5953 wrote:
wallydawg wrote:I wouldn't think the Panasonic Q would use different screws than the normal Gamecube. It's the same one I use for the Sega Nomad so there will be means to open the Panasonic Q at the show if it is the same.

Hopefully the fan is just dusty and got cracked or damaged in any way. Have to watch some Q disassembly vids to see of its the same fan as the regular GameCube, I'm sure we got a ton of extras if need be.
That's a good point. Hopefully it's just the same one, or at last the same fan power connector.
Heck, we don't even need the same power connector...as long as we can find a fan with the same ratings and of similar size, I'm sure we can rig up anything in there XD
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Still room in the suite for one or two more? :lol: i just got confirmation that i probably wont be called back to work this month so i'm gonna be there and missed the boat for getting a room of my own it seems lol. I'll bring the usual tool kit, some stuff for sale and my 360 and games if there is interest. plus of course my computer and all my media :lol: I hope you all want to get your asses kicked at forza motorsports 4 :wink:

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:19 pm

The Benheck Experience MGC 2013 Event Space is a go! We will be in a new area this year, in our own space, across from the Arcade Museums in a cannibalized hotel room. There is about 8 or so other events like this, one selling Pinball Parts and Hyperkin's Retron 4 will be nearby too, among other things (too many to quickly jot down and remember lol).

I'll post more info and stipulations in the facebook group.

DHG Hunter

Post by DHG Hunter » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Yep, you'll be very close to the Nippon Import Group room which is where the Q will be. ;) The Midwest Light Gun Association will be in the same hall too, as well as the MGC Fight Club, the NES devs will be down there, etc., etc. If you remember where the museum wing was last year, you're basically down the other hall across from that wing. I believe there are 9 rooms in all down that wing that will each hold something.

Anyway...

The Panasonic Q actually uses a normal Phillips screw driver. I would be a little surprised if it was just dusty considering the amount of use it gets, but stranger things have certainly happened. :) Sigh... I want to say that I opened it when I first had it shipped from Japan because I heard something rattling in it. I want to say it was actually a loose screw that I couldn't find a spot for, but it could have been a small piece of plastic too. Its been so long and the unit worked absolutely fine that I never worried about it too much until it black screened at the MGC. In any case, if you guys can take a look at it, great! If you guys can repair it, even better!

Thank you!

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Johnlight, nametags!

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:43 pm

wallydawg wrote:Johnlight, nametags!
somuchthis.jpg

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:41 pm

eagle5953 wrote:
wallydawg wrote:Johnlight, nametags!
somuchthis.jpg
I don't have access to a color printer anymore, nor do I have any more labels. Here's the file though:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h05lugiy4389c ... metags.doc
And I used these labels:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004C0 ... UTF8&psc=1

And whoever takes this, keep the ammeter pic for mine.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:55 am

Maps are out! We are upstairs in Group A.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Cross-posting from Facebook, because that's what we've become. :roll:

So I think we've got me, triton, Metallica Man X +1, eagle5953, Gabe too it looks like? Everyone let me know for sure, it's coming right up. 7 people? I can let everyone know what to expect money-wise once we confirm. I'm not as organized as Brian.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen: