MGC 2012 thread!

Moderator:Moderators

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight
MGC 2012 thread!

Post by jdmlight » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Well, I started this thread about the same time last year, so why not continue tradition of building up the hype early?

For those that don't know, MGC is the Midwest Gaming Classic, which is three days of gaming madness in Brookfield, WI (near Milwaukee). More info at their website.

Hopefully this year the Benheck Suite isn't a "suite" like MGC 2011 but rather more like MGC 2010 with the dual two-room suites. That was epic.

I plan on having my LC III completely restored and filled with games by then, and also my iMac-PC. I could say I'll have my NESp done that's been sitting in a corner for a long time, but it probably won't happen. :P

I just turned 21, and ketchup will be in time for MGC this year, so we'll be able to join the afterparty. And we're planning on smuggling squintus in as our dedicated driver. :wink:

Build the hype! What are you guys bringing/looking forward to?
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

wallydawg

Re: MGC 2012 thread!

Post by wallydawg » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Every year gets better and better so I can't wait. Last MGC before the world ends next December too so we definitely gotta make it count. ;). Hope to see everyone again that attended last year, and those over the years that didn't make it last time; Parker, Spongebrian Squarebuell, Brian and Gloria, Nick, etc.

I'll be doing Nomad mods again this year, hopefully have my NES 80's Laptop done, and at least to have started one or both of my Gamecube project ideas.

BHE room needs more tables than we had last year as around 6 or 7 of us were edging for table space. Might start a paypal donation ring to fund the experiment of how drunk we need to get Ben to sing Robin Sparkles' Let's Go to the Mall on MGKaraoke on Friday (or just bribe the DJ lol).

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:41 am

I'm defiantly planning on going to MGC next year!

And hopefully, nothing will stop me from coming this time around. Especially since money is not a worry as of right now. (I started a Job at Briggs & Stratton two weeks ago.) Though it's yet to be seen if I will be driving my self, or will be hitching a ride up there. I'll just Just have to see how my ride situation is by then.

So yea, as of right now I'm going!

Also jdmlight, I'm just turned 21 also. But since I don't intend to drink alcohol even though I'm 21. I could be a dedicated driver if need be if I go to MGC.
Last edited by nightwheel on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:32 am

Oooooooh yeah! Get da hype a rooooolllliiiin' !! :D :D :D

MGC = Best time of the year 8)

If we get enough people in, having a 2nd room will be a must lol. If we get 1 room again, but have even just 1 more person, people are gonna have to sleep in the bathroom XD

We can't forget to invite Jones in when we're Rockbanding it up this time lol.

Maybe I'll drag along my Sega Genesis and NES...play some 4-player Mega Bomber Man or some 4-player NES World Cup :) Rock it old school!

Oh, and we need to make something this year! We failed to make anything in the room last year lol. I'll be sure to have a stack of parts ready to go for such a thing ;)
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:36 am

Metallica Man X wrote:Oooooooh yeah! Get da hype a rooooolllliiiin' !! :D :D :D

MGC = Best time of the year 8)

If we get enough people in, having a 2nd room will be a must lol. If we get 1 room again, but have even just 1 more person, people are gonna have to sleep in the bathroom XD

Maybe I'll drag along my Sega Genesis and NES...play some 4-player Mega Bomber Man or some 4-player NES World Cup :) Rock it old school!

Oh, and we need to make something this year! We failed to make anything in the room last year lol. I'll be sure to have a stack of parts ready to go for such a thing ;)
There wasn't really space in the room for making anything last year. :lol:
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Oh yea projects.......

I'll have to bring something won't I? Having some money coming in might help with such things.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:45 pm

I *might* be able to make it this year - we'll see what work does... that is, if I get hired at a job that will make getting a weekend off somewhat practical :)
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:31 pm

I might also be able to go this year. I'm 18 and in college now, which makes it a bit easier.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Squintus
Steam ID:tehsquint

Post by Squintus » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:Oooooooh yeah! Get da hype a rooooolllliiiin' !! :D :D :D
Oh, we definitely need him to stop by.

Oh a related note, if any of you guys have requests for Rock Band DLC that you want to play, let me know and I'll try to accommodate as best I can.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Will there be rb keyboard? I still want to try that and no idea how I haven't already.

jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:12 pm

wallydawg wrote:Will there be rb keyboard? I still want to try that and no idea how I haven't already.
Yeah Alex has the keyboard, I'm sure he's planning on bringing it along. The keyboard is...interesting. You'll have to try it.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:57 pm

All 3,267 songs please :lol:

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:00 am

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/new ... Available/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We can now begin preordering tickets!!!!!
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:15 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:I *might* be able to make it this year - we'll see what work does... that is, if I get hired at a job that will make getting a weekend off somewhat practical :)
Ditto.

I'll very likely be bringing my significant other, now known as my wife. Hopefully no food poisoning like last time.

-Sparkfist
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Just over 3 months way! Tickets ordered, most hopeful completed projects still untouched. :lol:

Was gonna Start adding some of you to Facebook but I can only find Tritjohn.