MGC Whatchu Get? Thread v2011

Moderator:Moderators

wallydawg
MGC Whatchu Get? Thread v2011

Post by wallydawg » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:48 pm

Another MGC come and gone, let's see all the cool stuff everyone picked up this year. Pictures preferred cause they are more interesting than a tl;dr wall of text. I did both methods here with all the stuff I got, and since I started the thread I suppose I should go first:

Orange N64 $35. Been looking for this color for a while. My personal favorite color out of the FUNtastic series, for whatever reason.
Mario 64 $15. My friend has wanted this game for a while, was looking for less than $20 so $15 is less than that so I bought it.

Game Gear Halley Wars $2. It's a cool looking vertical shooter. Wasn't sure if it was the game I was thinking of when I bought it, but for $2 I took the gamble and it was the correct game.
Brutal: Above the Claw CIB $12. My 29th 32x game, need 7 more to complete the set.

White Dreamcast controllers $4 each, the transparent blue one was $5. Samba De Amigo $8, Soul Fighter $3

6-Pak $4
Cal Ripken Jr. Free
Bubsy $1.50
Micro Machines $5
Last Action Hero $1.50
Ballz $1

NEXT Generation Magazine $1. My favorite old video game magazine. I like reading about the "failed" 32bit consoles, Jaguar and 3DO.
Parasite Eve $10. It has all the discs (1&2 and the sampler disc) & manual.

PSOne w/hookups $12. They also had a PS1 9000 Series with the tiny board but forgot to go back and get it. Thankfully I checked the extra one I had at home and it's also a 9000 series board. Thanks for the info about that Jon-light.

PStwo & DVD Remote $20 from eagle5953. Thanks Kyle.

Saturn Black Fire $1
PS1 Fluid $1. It's PAL so I probably won't be able to play it, but I like the PAL and NTSC-J cases.
NES Pac-Man and Roadblasters I traded for Gradius, already had Roadblasters though. Oops.

Wheel of Fortune $4 for my dad, he's been wanting to play a WoF game for a while now. Brought my FC16GO so we played in the hotel for a little bit.
Cacoma Knight in Bizyland $4. Essentially A Qix clone.
Zoop SEALED $2.50. I think I'm the only person that likes Zoop. Keeping it sealed though, even if it was probably cheaper than a cart only copy on ebay.
Super Famicom Actraizer $5. Bought a random super fami game to test out a Game Genie I was going to break the tabs off of to play imports. Dude had 3 for $12 games earlier but those flew outta there pretty quick.

ZN-45 case from & Neogeo MVS console from Weaponepsilon, traded a Nomad Screen Mod for them. I think I'm the third or forth owner of this thing and while I would really love to Consolize it, it's already pretty far back on my projects list, and with how slow I tend to work it might not ever get done. Grabbed a couple cheap games off of eBay so hopefully that'll motivate me to start working on it sooner. Enjoy the Nomad Ryan.

SNES Game Genie $6. Bought for the purpose of playing imports, but apparently you don't even need one and can just break the tabs off of your console (or easier, just take the top of the console off). Should be fun to mess around with glitch codes though.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: MGC Whatchu Get? Thread v2011

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:41 pm

Oh..now I gotta remember what all I got lol.

Let's see now here, tho not nearly as much as last year, I still got a decent pile:

SEGA CD:
Heart of the alien CIB - $10
Robo Aleste CIB - $20

GENESIS:
Soldiers of Fortune CIB - $10
Mega Man: The Wily Wars - $50
Alien Soldier - $50
Eternal Champions CIB - $2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - $3
Castlevania: Bloodlines CIB (and super minty!) - $25
Bulls vs Lakers CIB - $0.50
Weoponlord CIB - $2
Phantasy Star II (just the case) - $2
Urban Strike - $2
Target Earth - $3
Herzog Zwei - $20

Not bad with some of those, especially Castlevania and Herzog, as those both tend to go for a whole lot more elsewhere lol. Bit ouch with The Mega Man and Alien soldier games...darn repros anyway lol. Still, they were a heck of a lot cheaper than their official counterparts and don't require any special mods to play 8)

The one loose genesis game I got:
Ristar - $2

SATURN
Fatal Fury 3 (jap) - $10
Dragon Ball Z Densetsu (jap) - $10

Gamecube
(the superior, left handed Link version of:) LOZ: Twilight Princess - $10

Gameboy:
Mega Man Xtreme - $7
Mega Man Xtreme 2 - $8
Mega Man III - $20
Pokemon Fire red - $15
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:17 pm

I'll get pictures up eventually.

I didnt spend too much because I bought a lot of beer at the bar.....

I did however buy a dreamcast case for $5, I won the 1st place cart of Yars' Revenge for NES, I grabbed a bunch of Feet of Fury copies, and of course, my sweet Nomad upgrade from Wallydog. I like trade shows, but those vendors were selling games for almost their original MSRP plus the "collector's premium". Still had a bunch of fun! There were some stuff I would've liked to buy, but I knew I with a little patience, I'll scour them for pennies off ebay.
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:53 pm

Here is my haul, dont think i left anything out lol
Gamehandler GS one handed controller for genesis w/VHS tape - $7
microcosm for sega CD - $2
a bugs life, beetle adventure racing, and twisted edge - $5 for all 3
gex: enter the gecko and gex 3: deep cover gecko - $5 for both
harvest moon 64 - $20
snowboard kids 2 - $20
that puts me at ~51 n64 games with zero duplicates :mrgreen:
archer deluxe competition joystick - $3
spectravideo quickshot joystick - $1 (the one i actually wanted, same thing as the archer tho :lol:)
caddyshack and paul mccartney & wings selectavision CED discs - $2 each
SCPH-1001 model playstation, with the RCA outputs, might mod it to audiophile specs and ebay it or something :lol: or just see if it works

not pictured:
3x bottles of grape nehi soda (one for my dad and grand ma and i drank one)
1x bottle of moxie
a d20 and a wooden rose (for the gf :lol: )
and anything i forgot about :lol:

and of course my pioneer CLD-D704 laserdisc player (boxed w/remote&manuals) and 32? laserdisc movies

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:57 pm

Triton wrote:and of course my pioneer CLD-D704 laserdisc player (boxed w/remote&manuals) and 32? laserdisc movies
Did you ever figure out how to fix the laserdisc player so you don't have to smack it on the side to get it to load a disc? :lol:
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:37 pm

jdmlight wrote:
Triton wrote:and of course my pioneer CLD-D704 laserdisc player (boxed w/remote&manuals) and 32? laserdisc movies
Did you ever figure out how to fix the laserdisc player so you don't have to smack it on the side to get it to load a disc? :lol:
i think the mechanism just needs greased again. i took it apart and it looked pretty clean in there :lol: