Benheck suite

Moderator:Moderators

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight
Benheck suite

Post by jdmlight » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:41 pm

This subforum looks so sad and empty...

I'm curious what the status of the Benheck suite is for 2011. I'm most definitely interested in staying in the BH suite again this year.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Re: Benheck suite

Post by eagle5953 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:42 pm

If the Spongey One is not organizing it this year, do we know who is?

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:11 am

eagle5953 wrote:If the Spongey One is not organizing it this year, do we know who is?
Spongebuell usually does come though. But really as he said all he does is collect the money from people and put the suite(s) on his card. Like he told me this year, "I do this for two reasons; one for the fun, and two for the miles." I don't think it would be a problem for someone else to do it if they can front the money. And really the prices they have that time a year and if you book early enough ahead are very nice.

But to be honest the whole sha-bang is about 5 months away and that is plenty of time to be planning. I don't think Sponge even books the room until 6 weeks before, could be wrong but I would assume so.

Anyways, for those going in 2011, have fun and take pictures. I wont be making it there. I have a party in June to throw.

-Sparkfist
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Ok, I figure I'll just get this out there now to keep the rumors down to a minimum.

First, the rumors are true. I probably will NOT be hosting the BH suite this year. However, I absolutely recognize that the suite is just as fun as the event itself (not being cocky or anything, that's my personal opinion that I think a lot of people echo) and will do everything I can to make sure that the legacy lives on. Also, I will probably still attend, I've just been so busy and everything that I'm not sure that I'd like to actually host it. Realistically, I'll probably stay at the Sheraton but pay the visitor's rate for the suite so I can stop by. I work at an airline now, so I may use my benefits to fly to MKE and take the airport shuttle to the hotel, so I won't be able to give rides if that's the case.

Now, how will this epic suite continue, you ask? Well, I talked to Triton about it. John has been going to MGC every year I have (albeit in a separate room across the hall in year 1), and agreed to continue the tradition. He knows how it all works, and I'm still willing to help out with planning and everything. However, you won't have ol' me around to remind everyone to tip the maids generously and clean up what you can because this place is trashed the day we check out. Overall, however, you'll still have all the bathroom-soldering fun as always, if only to uphold tradition. I did have a lot of fun doing this and I appreciate everyone's kind words, but I can't keep at this forever.

Now, this isn't a 100% sure thing, but every year since year 2 was done I'd tell myself that I'm not going to do it any longer. I've done two since. I dunno, I'm still not convinced, but I'm 90% sure that I'll be just a visitor to the suite this year.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:52 am

Oh no, now John is going to be accountable for all of our gathering? :P

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Skyone wrote:Oh no, now John is going to be accountable for all of our gathering? :P
Oh Deer........ I'm not sure if I should be scared or worried about this.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:02 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:Ok, I figure I'll just get this out there now to keep the rumors down to a minimum.

First, the rumors are true. I probably will NOT be hosting the BH suite this year. However, I absolutely recognize that the suite is just as fun as the event itself (not being cocky or anything, that's my personal opinion that I think a lot of people echo) and will do everything I can to make sure that the legacy lives on. Also, I will probably still attend, I've just been so busy and everything that I'm not sure that I'd like to actually host it. Realistically, I'll probably stay at the Sheraton but pay the visitor's rate for the suite so I can stop by. I work at an airline now, so I may use my benefits to fly to MKE and take the airport shuttle to the hotel, so I won't be able to give rides if that's the case.

Now, how will this epic suite continue, you ask? Well, I talked to Triton about it. John has been going to MGC every year I have (albeit in a separate room across the hall in year 1), and agreed to continue the tradition. He knows how it all works, and I'm still willing to help out with planning and everything. However, you won't have ol' me around to remind everyone to tip the maids generously and clean up what you can because this place is trashed the day we check out. Overall, however, you'll still have all the bathroom-soldering fun as always, if only to uphold tradition. I did have a lot of fun doing this and I appreciate everyone's kind words, but I can't keep at this forever.

Now, this isn't a 100% sure thing, but every year since year 2 was done I'd tell myself that I'm not going to do it any longer. I've done two since. I dunno, I'm still not convinced, but I'm 90% sure that I'll be just a visitor to the suite this year.
Nice try, Brian.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:44 am

Skyone wrote:Oh no, now John is going to be accountable for all of our gathering? :P

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:38 pm

its about that time folks! i'm going to make an announcement in F42 shortly!

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Ooh Ooh I can't wait! 8)
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato