MGC 2011 thread!

Moderator:Moderators

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by thewise1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:26 pm

Got my room reserved!

Although I don't think I'll have any portables done by then, I can bring in a case half done or something though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:40 am

Biased wrote:I just filed my taxes and I may be able to save enough of the return to get down there. I know I'll have enough, I just don't know if I SHOULD spend it on the trip :P
Worth it. :mrgreen:
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:38 am

jdmlight wrote:
Biased wrote:I just filed my taxes and I may be able to save enough of the return to get down there. I know I'll have enough, I just don't know if I SHOULD spend it on the trip :P
Worth it. :mrgreen:
+1 to worth it :D
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

DHG Hunter

Post by DHG Hunter » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:45 pm

I have a single-slot Neo Geo MVS board that is in need of some repair if anyone at the MGC would be willing to look at it?

Basically, the unit works OK at first, but the longer that you keep it on the poorer the picture becomes until it is so "wavey" that you can no longer see anything. I've been told that it may be a simple cap problem, or it may need a new "74xx368" chip depending on its revision. I can't see all of the chips underneath the cartridge slot, so I'm unsure if the motherboard holds this chip or not. I do see a whole lot of glue on some of the caps underneath the cartridge slot which makes me wonder if the board has been repaired before.

Second, does anyone here do arcade superguns? I'm in need of a new supergun that is compatible with the higher resolutions of some of the more advanced arcade boards made in the last fifteen years. The supergun that I own (an MAS SuperNova) seems to be incompatible with a lot of the newer 3D boards like Mace: The Dark Ages.

Finally, if the single-slot MVS board can be fixed, would anyone be interested in consolizing it at the show?

Thank you! :)

Later.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:38 pm

what revision single slot board is it? and if you have the rest of the parts that would be needed for a consolization i might be interested in doing that for you for a reasonable price :)

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Anyone hear from Gabe and Tim yet?

Biased

Post by Biased » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:55 am

Soo... Yeah. Got my debit card information stolen last week... no more money.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:14 am

I'm still trying to figure out how I can get to MGC. Having the money isn't this real problem this time around. It's the getting there is the problem this yeasr.

I did find a round trip flight from Nashville to Milwaukee for $222. And the times of the flights allow me not to miss school on the Friday before the show. Not sure if I want to spend $222 though.

Anyone coming up through Western Kentucky by any chance? :wink:

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Room reserved, tickets ordered, projects hoped to be completed coming along. Stoked.

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Yeah...feeling the stokage here too...I even just had my first MGC dream last night :lol:

......still gotta order my tix tho...I had better get on that!

EDIT: Tickets ordered 8)
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

alentris

Post by alentris » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:04 am

Car Ride: Check
Gear: Check
New projects:... Uncheck :|

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:09 am

My Accounting professor this morning mentioned that there are two weeks until the start of Spring Break.

Which means 4 weeks to MGC.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

DHG Hunter

Post by DHG Hunter » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Triton wrote:what revision single slot board is it? and if you have the rest of the parts that would be needed for a consolization i might be interested in doing that for you for a reasonable price :)
Took me a little bit to figure out where the revision number was, but I found out that it is a MV-1FZ. It doesn't have the joystick ports or the stereo sound without a mod, but I see quite a few consolization mods online using the board.

I'd have no idea where to begin for the parts...?

I also may have found out why I'm getting the "wavey" picture quality. Apparently the MV-1FZ takes less power than your typical MV-1 or MV-1F board, so the problem may be due to it receiving too much power from my super gun. Looks like the only way to solve this would be to do something to my Super Nova or find someone willing to consolize it, or at the very least find a super gun that is compatible with an MV-1FZ.

Later.

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 pm

Wife just surprised me with a room reservation and tickets! "We're going!" she says. 8) Also, whose going to meet me at the bar?
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

Metallica Man X

Post by Metallica Man X » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:57 pm

TWO WEEKS AND COUNTING!!!! Woh man....the anticipation is killing me!